650 or 701 How can you tell?

Like it states I need to know if this is a 650 or 701. It has a west coast head on it now. I have a 61 X head that he gave me. When the guy bought it from the one that built it he gave him this head as well. Can I tell by looking at the jug or something.

Will as 701 head fit a 650?

Thanks for all of your help this site rocks!:Banane57:

I'm not sure if I understand your question, are you looking at an entire engine and you're not sure whether its a 650 or 701?

Look at the cases under the front cylinder's exhaust port, and it should say 6m6 (650) or 61x (701).

Thanks for the info. That is what I needed. I looked and yep it is a 701. It is in a 650 hull. This thing has a lot of work done. I took the head off and it has port work done to it as well.

How do you know it was originally a 650 hull?

It would be nice to find out some history on the motor if you can track anyone down, just so you know what you've got there. What kind of porting, head mods, who did the work, etc.

Ding ding you got it. It is a 90 hull. It has a new paint job on it with the #19 on the side. It is blue ya like all the rest ha ha. The # has a big white back ground and the # is in black. It looks great. I would love to know more about it.

I think it has a 2 stage water injection on it. I got some info on a singel but this thing has a lot more wires coming out of it.

One thing I have some problems with is it comes out of the water all the time in and out. You know it just wont stick and go at top speed. do I need a new intake great? It has a carbenfiber ride plate. I think it is a Wimelton. I know I spelled the wrong ha ha..

All I know is that the person befor the guy I got it from raced it!

Top Bottom