Super Jet 650 yamaha engine in a kawi 550 hull??

Just wondering if anyone has ever done anything like this before? I know that they put the 650 kawi engine in the 550 hull but not sure if it will work with the Yamaha engine?

550headache

tobacco grower
Robin is the man for the job!(Rhaas) i'm doing it this winter with my 650 engine. should be a fun ride! there is a detailed right up with lots of pics and couple vids over on pwctoday. robin used someone there ase the beta tester.

ProSouth

Seriously, Don't be a dick.
Why not do a 701? I know 650's may be cheaper, but 650's have no power. That's why everyone's first mod suggestion is "put a 701 topend on it". What's a 550 weigh?

Why not do a 701? I know 650's may be cheaper, but 650's have no power. That's why everyone's first mod suggestion is "put a 701 topend on it". What's a 550 weigh?
thank you for all the replies so far. The reason I was thinking a 650 is I might know where a 650 engine is. I wish it was a 701. Sorry I do not know what the 550 weighs.

the 650 yamaha in a 550 hull makes for a great 550. more power than the 550 motor an the 650 yamaha will last forever. I have had many customers do this just because they had the 650 motor left over. All of them were pleased with what it does to wake up the 550 hull.
this kit is well designed and comes with everything you need. Most people can do the swap in a day with no motor shimming.
you can pm me to place an order

Top Bottom