300/440/550 650sx mods

hey, i have a 91 650 and i want to start put some parts on it for a faster and more fun ride. i have ready had the cylinders bored about 50 over, but what are some good improvements i can do?

The biggest bang for your buck will be an aftermarket pipe. This will give you the most noticeable power gains for a bolt on mod. Keep in mind you'll have to rejet your carb with the aftermarket pipe. Aside from that, a stainless impeller and a milled head or aftermarket head to bump up the compression a little bit.

Wilke

X2 stole my life
What carb is on that model? cant remember if the 91 had the 28 or the 38. If its the 28 w/ the remote fuel pump that should be on your list to replace as well, you'll see noticable improvement with an SBN44 or even just steppping up to the 38 keihin CDKII.

Don 79 TA

Still Fat....
step up to the factory pipe, aluminum flywheel, 44 mikuni, 8-15 skat prop by impros, Ocean pro steering and exit nozzle, and flame arrestor
that will make it hauls some assssss for sure
my 92 sx650 was really strong and i had these parts on it, also i personally loved it at 200psi, became VERY crisp when cracking the throttle
my friend had the same setup, except he went dual carbs, not sure what size, and my set up as about a ski length faster (bottom, mid, top end too)

only problem with the older skis is how well they were maintained, and ability to get good parts, i didn't think it was a worth while investment so i bought the SJ in 02
i do regret giving my skis away though, the parts on them would be worth a small fortune now

Mr Bojangles

Lord of the Dance
well it depends on what parts you need, I normaly get my repacment parts from John Zigler, and the rest from people on the forums. I do have a old 650sx that I have for parts if you need.

charlesfiv, I have a westcoat intake grate for dirt cheap if you want it

What is the best way to hook up my bilige pump? An what parts will i need besides the bilage and hoses?

You'll need a switch, wire terminals to connect to the battery, a bilge outlet, zip ties to keep the wires from getting caught up in the coupler, and whatever you plan to adhere the bilge pump to your hull whether it's 5200 or epoxy resin. I've had the 5200 fall apart and let loose over time (I'm assuming it breaks down after being soked in fuel and what not) so I've since used resin and a piece of fiberglass to adhere the pump base into the hull. I am yet to have a pump come out doing it this way.

Put an aftermarket ride plate on it it was night a day for me from stock to the jet dynamics one i got, if your going cheaper you can put some washers under your rear bolts in your stock plate to improve handling and porposing a little bit.

Top Bottom