300/440/550 650SX.....New paint, New turf, New parts! HEAVY PICTURES!!!

This is my 1990 650sx that I picked up a month ago. I posted a few pictures not too long ago in stock form. Toys in stock form do not stay that way for very long in my hands !......

Bone stock the day i got it....
IMG_5205.jpg

First off started with wetsanding the whole ski, took forever!!! Than taped off the colored sections i already shot with paint and was able to primer the rest of the ski....
IMG_5285.jpg

IMG_5288.jpg

IMG_5292.jpg

IMG_5294.jpg

IMG_5299.jpg

After the primer was laid down I was able to shoot the primary color. I used a Super Metalic Burnt Copper, and a Metalic Gun Metal as the colors. Both colors look absolutely crazy in the sun and even better when wet!
IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5323.jpg

IMG_5324.jpg

IMG_5318.jpg

And now for the turf! Hydro Turf dark gray put down with contact cement. And cut up an old boogie board i found in the shed to make the kick tail. Was really a headache working with all that super messy contact cement but it came out awesome!!!
BEFORE....
IMG_5351.jpg

AFTER....
IMG_5357.jpg

IMG_5359.jpg

IMG_5362.jpg

And some hard parts to update this slippery little devil.....some new bars, grips, throttle, ride plate, and intake scoop grate(not pictured).
IMG_5346.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

Thanks for checking out my build so far..... Now that the exterior is almost done its onto the engine!!! I'll let you know how it goes. :Banane19:
~MANFISH~

I know it really good, i went the other direction and started with engine first but I look like a$$ on the water. This guy has inspired me to but out the epoxy and spray paint

Top Bottom