650/X-2 650sx super-long ride plate

I would like to find a super-long ride plate for my 650sx. Something like the Worx Dominator on my SuperJet (it sticks out into the water so far it looks like a diving board).

Apparently they didn't make a Dominator for the 650sx. I was thinking about getting the stock one lengthened 5 inches by a machine shop but thought I should check here first for a brand/model name that I could search eBay for...

If you go the machine shop route let me know. Stuff like that becomes much cheaper when you buy multiple copies. If you know what you want technical wise I could put together a drawing package for the shop.

idk if the x2 works for the 650sx but if so the Raddudes just released a carbon fiber ride plate. They offer a long version at 100mm over stock(which is like 3.9") and give you the opportunity to trim down to your preference. Again, not sure if it fits but if so , something to consider .

TJR

SCREW LUCK
^^^They do not, done that.
The longest rideplate I had was made by Westcoast, but all smooth like the stock. OceanPro made 2 styles, one with fines/wings and grooves to grip in the turn, worked well for me +200lbs. The other OceanPro ride plate was race legal, longer then stock, but with grooves and a little window, worked great. Sorry, no measurement on any.
Quick way to get a longer rideplate, get 2 stock rideplates, cut and weld to length.

I took the stock ride plate to a machine shop to ask some questions.

I ended up just leaving it there rather than taking it home and drawing up plans.

I got them to extend the bottom plane of the rideplate out 4 inches. No fancy edges or anything, just a square-ish piece of aluminum.

Since the older SXs were rather loose in the ass end in turns and at high speed, I also got them to weld a couple strips of 1-inch flat bar to the bottom. The flat bar was also to help strengthen the extension.

There was a day-n-night difference in helping with high speed and corning stability as well as with the porpoising. Not bad for $60. I'll post a couple pics here for the benefit of people who come across this thread in the future.

b.jpg a.jpg

Nice!

Those sharp corners on the end are making me cringe though :shocked1:

Please grind some radius's on them

think of the children!

Top Bottom