Super Jet 650sx v sn 701 sj

hi i have a 650sx and there is a sn 95 701 jet for sale locally which is unusual anyway i have never been out with anyone else with a stand up so was wondering if anyone here has ridden both any info appreciated

My last ski was a very nicely modified 89 650sx. I had an opportunity to buy a 93 SJ so I jumped at it. It is a much better ski all around, I quickly parted out my 650sx and used the money to build up the SJ. If the price is fair you will not be sorry.

Melmack

(Timothy)
I agree. I started on a 650sx 15 years ago. Don't get me wrong, a well done 650sx is a great ski but nothing compared to a 95 SN. In fact, the 95 SN may be the best production ski ever made IMO for all around riding. The 95 was the last year of the square nose. The SN's are a little more stable than the RN's due to the lower pivot on the steering. I believe some of the '95s came with dual carb 62t motor just like the 2010 model. These have great stock power, great handling, are very fun and reliable. I highly recommend picking this ski up. You won't be disappointed.

thx for replys the 95 sn 701 price has crept up in price so my choices are a 95 sn or a 95 750sxi i do all my riding in the sea you have said the sn is a good ski how about the 750sxi any expierence on that i am defintely upgrading
thx again tommy

I think the Kawasakis tend to have a little more v in the front of the hull. I know my 650sx handled chop a little better than my SN. It might be that the SXI is a better ski for you however if you're surf riding or freestyle it really all goes back to the superjet. If you're just a recreational rider and you happen to ride in the ocean you might like the sxi more.

SNOWMAN

HE HATE ME
beware when buying. a 650sx or 750sx is like a tank. heavy and durable.
the sn is light and nimble and with that comes weakness in the hull and tray.
pick your poison

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
I agree. I started on a 650sx 15 years ago. Don't get me wrong, a well done 650sx is a great ski but nothing compared to a 95 SN. In fact, the 95 SN may be the best production ski ever made IMO for all around riding. The 95 was the last year of the square nose. The SN's are a little more stable than the RN's due to the lower pivot on the steering. I believe some of the '95s came with dual carb 62t motor just like the 2010 model. These have great stock power, great handling, are very fun and reliable. I highly recommend picking this ski up. You won't be disappointed.

Ummmm....No.

oh well to late now bought the sn 701 as it was 30 miles from me the kawas are 9hr drive each way and the prices seem to be rocketing just now.. looks like i will be badgering the superjet section for info now

Melmack

(Timothy)
Great buy. You'll be happy you did. When I saw you were looking at a 750sx I was like NOOOOOOOOOO! If you watch videos all over the forums, you will rarely see any 750sxs. Even rarer to find an SXIpro yet there where just as many of them made as Yamaha. Those where strictly racing skis at best. They are heavy and torpedo like. You got the right ski. Have fun!

Melmack

(Timothy)
Awesome! Looks super clean. You're gonna love it! Just needs a head, pipe, and a hooker 9/15 to fly! Enjoy!

BTW, dose anybody know how to get sheets of that oem yami turf? That stuff lasts forever.

Last edited:
some of these questions will probably sound basic knowledge for some of you superjet guys but did the same for my 650sx and it was a great help :scratchchin:

Top Bottom