650/X-2 650SX Weak Spots / Reinforce

So I just got my 650sx going. What are the most common weak spots, and where should I do reinforcement? I plan on taking it out in the ocean some and getting as much air as I can.

top deck where the hood cuts down lowest. our old one broke in half there. also the front of the hood where it is held down, that snapped off. luckily you can pick up a 650sx hull on craigslist for free or under 100$ so its almost not worth it to reinforce.

So I just got my 650sx going. What are the most common weak spots, and where should I do reinforcement? I plan on taking it out in the ocean some and getting as much air as I can.

The tray will crack when you land big air. Look for cracks around the hood cutout often. Repair them quickly because they will grow. 650sx are very light weight and not suited for side landings. Pad the tray and get some hold downs, bad landings can be crippling.

ok, so we have tray, hood, area all around the hood. ill just say that the only area you dont need to reinforce is the frontish/bottomish part of the ski. my suggestion would be to not reinforce the ski and just ride it, unless your just looking for a project to get your hands dirty with.
im in the process of doing a slight rebuild on my 650 before the season starts and figured out that taking off the black trim and the tray pads and replacing it with hydroturf saves over ten pounds.

Top Bottom