66E A/M exhaust- are there any?

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
You never asked for pics. :puppy_dog_eyes: Just kidding. Here are a couple anyways. I might add that it is an A$$load of work to fab an exhaust, yet alone make one that runs the way it should. I wish someone else would design and build them so I could get it that way. There is very little, if any profit in them at $995.

Jeff

Attachments

• product pics 002small.jpg
    product pics 002small.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 101
  • exhaust manifold.jpg
    exhaust manifold.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 66
  • exhaust manifold2.jpg
    exhaust manifold2.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 71
  • pipe pic.jpg
    pipe pic.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 105

Waterdawg Kustomz

RIP NATION
I did some research a while back and making a sand cast doesn't seem that hard.

The castings are NOT cheap because the water jacketing adds a ton of work. What you pay thousands for are the "patterns" that allow you to have castings made. Also, don't think that it will be right the first time around. It took us three times to settle on what we have today, and that is only the manifold I am talking about. I custom fabricated about twenty five chambers to get the one that runs like this http://www.waterdawgkustomz.com/video.php :crutches: click on Derrick movie.
We are currently stocking ten systems.

tom21

havin fun
very nice- I have passed the torch to wavedemon. casting parts is something that sounds like fun but I bet will be a huge amount of time. I was thinking more along the lines of making an adapter to fit the factory pipe exhaust I already own to the 800. or as a last resort, try and cut and weld the stocker to go the direction I want. did these ever get consideration or were they not feasible Jeff?

njfl

X-H2
I was thinking more along the lines of making an adapter to fit the factory pipe exhaust I already own to the 800

There you go. That's what they did with the Octane. 1/2" plate aluminum or so to transition the different cylinder center spacing and bolt patterns..

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
There you go. That's what they did with the Octane. 1/2" plate aluminum or so to transition the different cylinder center spacing and bolt patterns..

I have an old MSD catalogue where they did the same thing. They used a spacer to bolt up to a Sea Doo engine then a Kawasaki 750 exhaust manifold would bolt to it. The reason was because there were more Kawasaki exhaust systems available at the time. Good luck on your project!

tom21

havin fun
the idea I think is to make something easier to make and get- not taking anything away from WD but something that takes a few minutes to carve out on a mill will be much easier on the wallet and much easier to duplicate quickly than a custom made pipe. and even if he has twenty layin around, will you actually get it when you order it or just waiting games. lets not go there, keep it simple I say.

dbrutherford

Parts Whore
I had two courses in my 9 years in college where we cast aluminum. The first class we did a lost mold casting jut like the guy in the video. Only we didn't wet the sand and pack it too tight around our styrofoam. The aluminum is poured in and melts the sytrofoam so fast the sand doesn't fall in. We may have shook the barrel some to settle all the sand but we never packed it tight. Second class I did casting in, we used a patter to make a top and bottom half of a mold, called the cope and drag. Then we added gates, a sprue, and runners to the sand casting mold. This time when the aluminum was poured in, it flowed into the cavity left behind from making the mold. This is how engine parts are cast. Problem is you need to first make the pattern to which the mold is made from. You also need cores which are made of sand. Cores are for internal holes or voids in the part. They ahrd just sand compressed into the shape wanted. These would be the water jacket areas, exhaust passages, ect. Once the part is cast, they are vibrated to break up the sand cores. I could easily make that part in the video. However making an exhaust manifold to the quality I would like... that would be a lot harder. If you do want to cast something, go to your local university that has an engineering or technology program and ask if they can cast you one. Some schools have rapid prototyping equipment that can build you up a modle made out of plastic or paper.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
I have an old MSD catalogue where they did the same thing. They used a spacer to bolt up to a Sea Doo engine then a Kawasaki 750 exhaust manifold would bolt to it. The reason was because there were more Kawasaki exhaust systems available at the time. Good luck on your project!

I machined my own adapter for a yam exhaust to bolt up to my polaris motor. It's nice having a mill in the garage. BUT, I think you may be overlooking an issue with your proposed b-pipe bolt on. The 66e is such a long stroke that the b-pipe may not work well. I know my polaris moor would run better with the polaris pipe, if it would only fit in my carbon stand-up hull. The manifold and pipe were designed with that motor in mind.
My 1" think adapter probably throws things off a little, even.

Kurt

WaveDemon

Not Dead - Notable Member
I machined my own adapter for a yam exhaust to bolt up to my polaris motor. It's nice having a mill in the garage. BUT, I think you may be overlooking an issue with your proposed b-pipe bolt on. The 66e is such a long stroke that the b-pipe may not work well. I know my polaris moor would run better with the polaris pipe, if it would only fit in my carbon stand-up hull. The manifold and pipe were designed with that motor in mind.
My 1" think adapter probably throws things off a little, even.

Kurt

its a similar size to a very stroked lamey. the biggest thing is fitting a stock tank for me.

Top Bottom