701 Girdle Head I.D. and help

I picked up this girdle head for pretty cheap, it seems in good shape but needs some parts. Anyone know who made this? Also, I need some help visualizing how this bolts on with the hardware...Is there a girdled head for dummies thread?

Attachments

• Winter break 001.jpg
    Winter break 001.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Winter break 002.jpg
    Winter break 002.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 46
  • Winter break 003.jpg
    Winter break 003.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Winter break 004.jpg
    Winter break 004.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Winter break 005.jpg
    Winter break 005.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 46

#ZERO

Beach Bum
It looks like an old Riva head with none removable 31cc domes and you'll need the older style girdled head kit which is no longer available.

That aluminum bracket and hardware looks custom made and should hit the scrap pile IMO.

Defineately a older Riva head. Dunno whats up with the aluminum half girdle though?

You can run any girdle hardware with the head though, the head itself is the same as the newer ones that I have, so you can run ADA, Riva, whatever else for the girdle hardware.

powerplant.jpg

#ZERO

Beach Bum
You'll probably have around 215 lbs compression with the stock 81mm bore 61x cylinder and higher if it's has been overbored.

McMaster-Carr has the o-rings and cord.

Riva 701/760 Head O-rings:

-Combustion Chamber, viton, -153, pack of 2: 9464K114
-Cord stock for shell seal, buna: 9407K21
-Spark Plug, buna, -118, pack of 100: 9452K82
-2nd from top, buna, -031, pack of 100: 9452K118
-3rd from top, buna, -043, pack of 50: 9452K132

thanks for the quick reply. I might just throw it on to see what the compression comes to. I have some porting done so it may be a little lower. Where does sealant need to be applied between the head and cylinder?

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
You don't need any sealant, the o-rings do it for you. You might need to grease them a little so they stay in the grooves during assembly.

gorilla

There's Always A Light At The End Of The Tunnel !!
those domes look like they have been machined down inside the squish area quite a bit.

may be a 5mm strocker style riva head ???

good luck

gorilla

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I just looked, my last order with mcmaster in July cost $5 to ship, and it was quite a bit of stuff.

#ZERO

Beach Bum
I believe gorilla is right by saying the head has been machined because the squish gap appears to be deeper than normal.

Try to measure the depth at the edge of the dome and let us know how deep it is.

Oh I just noticed you're the one who bought that head from seatsr4toilets. Yeah that head is for a stroker thats why the squish is like that....I dont know how that would run on a non stroker....the squish would be wayyyyyyyy off and compression would be super low.

Would it drop the compression that much? With 31cc domes arn't you looking at 215psi w/o stroker. Can you give me an idea, in general of how more and less squish effects the motor? thanks

Well you're looking at a 5mm+ cut in the domes, thats pretty fawking huge haha...compression would be super low. and your pistons wouldnt even hit the squishband, I really dont know how that would run, I wouldnt want to find out.

The simple solution? Find out what stroke that head is cut for and get the stroker crank to accomidate....more power! =)

Last edited:
Top Bottom