Super Jet 701 Horsepower Question?

I am currently re-building my 701 in my RN SJ and I was wondering how much HP do you think it is going to make. It is going to be bored .5 over with pro x pistons and a hotrods crank. I got a new ADA girdled head with 35cc domes (93 octane) and I am about to order a B-pipe. The carbs are going to be rebuilt and jetted accordingly with some flame arrestors. I am also most likly adding an MSD enhancer. I know stock they are 75hp so how much does a bolt on 701 make? Also I was debating on sending the cylinders out to get ported, some people say it makes a huge diff and others are telling me not to wast my time on just a bolt on 701. What do you guys think?

I am currently re-building my 701 in my RN SJ and I was wondering how much HP do you think it is going to make. It is going to be bored .5 over with pro x pistons and a hotrods crank. I got a new ADA girdled head with 35cc domes (93 octane) and I am about to order a B-pipe. The carbs are going to be rebuilt and jetted accordingly with some flame arrestors. I am also most likly adding an MSD enhancer. I know stock they are 75hp so how much does a bolt on 701 make? Also I was debating on sending the cylinders out to get ported, some people say it makes a huge diff and others are telling me not to wast my time on just a bolt on 701. What do you guys think?

You may get 75HP with the pipe on a stock cylinder, it should do around 45MPH. For best power and thrust the cylinder must be ported and the pump must be correct. This will make niticably more thrust and get you over 48+MPH. This is a big money game where a $10000 engine isnt enough power, at least not to someone who has an 11K engine.

if youre boring the engine and adding compression, definitely port the engine to match.. boring the engine is adding more cc's so porting the engine will add more volume to work with the oversized pistons.. and higher compression...

Cool so figure with the head it will be at 100 give or take. That should rip pretty good then. I already have a decent prop (not sure which one but we put it in my friends SJ to try it out and it rips pretty good lots of low end). What is the next best step? Mag pump?

motoman96

Banned
The mod works better with the bigger cc engines as well. The limited chamber sucks, pia to install or remove due to the length. Mod ftw

JT_Freeride

John Tetenes @Jtetenes
You may get 75HP with the pipe on a stock cylinder, it should do around 45MPH. For best power and thrust the cylinder must be ported and the pump must be correct. This will make niticably more thrust and get you over 48+MPH. This is a big money game where a $10000 engine isnt enough power, at least not to someone who has an 11K engine.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the top speed of a stock SJ 46 mph

Top Bottom