Blaster 701 industries intro

Hi BLASTER boys. a brief intro about 701 industries, what we have been up to and where we go from here. You will see me on post as 701dave and you will notice that i suffer from a very contagious disease called BLASTERITIS. i started 701 this year with the sole purpose of making super cool bits for BLASTERS. I have owned blasters for more than 14 years and have watched the parts slowly dry up. It felt like every one was giving up on the blaster guys. a least thats how we felt in Australia. Its my passion first and if i can paid for all the r&d that goes on its a bonus. I never want to straight out copy anyone but to look at something and see if i can improve it. And if i can i will always add some bling to it. Its even better when you come up with a whole new idea. I have got over 35 years of fabrication in my blood and have owned a ss fab business for the last 18years. i dont think there is anything i couldnt make or design and have someone else make. So heaps of cool and affordable stuff coming for the Blasters. Since i have started this venture i have been in contact with blaster guys from all over the world, and its the same story, they are blaster nuts. so much support for 701 to kick along has been just awesome. Which brings me to my guy in the states that is as committed to the cause as much as i am. You will know him as nizzit. Chris and i have been talking for a while now and through his commitment and passion for Blasters he is now the offical 701 INDUSTRIES go to guy in the States. i feel in Oz the blaster scene is building , we are seeing a lot of highly modded craft, and even to buy one is just so hard as everybody is hanging onto them . My web site is under construction and is still a month away, but Chris and i over time will bring you Blaster boys up to speed. The way i chose to bring my products to market was to design , construct the proto type, than sign up the best freestyle Blaster riders in oz and have them fit it to there ski and flog it hard, through this programme i have ended up with some never seen before products that are basiclly game changers. my man nizzit will put up some posts for your feed back each week. all comments are important to us in helping with R&D. nizzit has told me he is also going to engage the help of some heavy hitters so im very excited to see that unfold. WHOA, GAME ON

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
I guess this is where I chime in haha. Dave has some really innovative parts coming our way....some extremely durable/functional and some just flat out cool parts. My job is to get it into the hands of real riders and make sure we have done our job in putting out the best possible part we produce at the best possible prices.

With that said, I need 2 testers here in the states to put our parts through hell (whether its freeride or racing) and provide us with honest feedback. We'll also need 2 stand up riders for some crossover products and more as the plan is to branch out. We want to know if there are any concerns with the designs, whats good, what will make the part better etc. Parts will be provided for you to test by us......we just want your feedback and help promote the brand. We aren't looking for the guy that just wants free parts......we want the guy that wants to be part of the team and to help the brand grow.

check this thread for some of the parts we have coming very soon:

http://www.x-h2o.com/threads/121903-701-Industries-motor-mounts-exhausts-hood-moutns-interest-thread

If you think you'd like to help us out please shoot me an email. chris@701industries.com Get in quick.....I need to lock another blaster rider down ASAP. and 2 stand up testers as well.

I guess I should say we only need one other rider as Craig "Zimmy" Hammond has signed on as our first official tester. Expect more info soon.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I'll throw my name into the ring. I wouldn't mind testing some motor mounts and whatever else you got - I tend to be somewhat harsh on mounts, people tell me.

Attachments

• 418611_3536907224542_1348103453_n.jpg
    418611_3536907224542_1348103453_n.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
I'd be glad to test out the blaster products. I am in the process of building a second b1100 for surf, let me know if I can help!

Thanks for helping keep the blaster development moving forward!

Scottie

Very excited to have my name in the hat for 701 Industries! I have been chatting with Chris about some of the stuff Dave has been working on and as always, glad to see the blaster riders getting some love from the AM parts industry!

Cant wait to get my hands on those mounts, definitely an innovative design and I am excited to see that these things have held up to surf abuse over in OZ already!

Scottie and Matt would be great to put these mounts through some hard hitting tests. Id love to see these mounts proven on an 1100 setup for the surf!

tricky1

XXX
Very excited to have my name in the hat for 701 Industries! I have been chatting with Chris about some of the stuff Dave has been working on and as always, glad to see the blaster riders getting some love from the AM parts industry!

Cant wait to get my hands on those mounts, definitely an innovative design and I am excited to see that these things have held up to surf abuse over in OZ already!

Same here. Since I haven't found anything that will hold up long term with the power of the XS1200. I Look forward to giving these mounts a workout in several aftermarket hulls. Stay tuned for a full report after testing.

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
Well this makes choosing testers pretty easy. Zimmy, Scottie Mac, Matt, Tricky..............DONE. We'll get you a set of mounts to test out among other things.

The quick steer is ridicules so so so,quick and I'm not even on the last hole ( max adjustment ) but that's the best thing you can adjust it to how you like it ........... I'm trying to do a video up to show how much input you need to put into the steering to roll but I suck at editing but will persist

Saw some more pics of the steering systems that 701 is putting together, they look great from the pics!

The mounts look VERY stout! I like the design and am looking forward to seeing how they hold up to that heavy 1100 motor in the surf. Like Zimmy, I have seen some really nice pics of the steering and am blown away at the design, the quick steer, etc. With the 701 steering, you won't even need an extended nozzle on the B1 anymore.

REALLY happy to see someone continuing to put R&D into the B1.

Scottie

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
so, for our testers MattE, Tricky1, ScottieMac, and Zimmy I have these 701 GC Mounts ready and on the way. All urethane except for the insert and bushings.....no glue anywhere....nothing to separate on hard landings, the whole assembly acta as a damper.

export.jpg

zimmy and scottie will be reviewing these too.......on the way with the mounts............701 Mission Control steering. All stainless! Bike style clamp for
1 1/8 fatbars, 7 adjustments to dial in your steering...........WOAH!

exportqs2.jpgexport qs.jpg

And this is just the beginning........stock will be in very soon.

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
so, for our testers MattE, Tricky1, ScottieMac, and Zimmy I have these 701 GC Mounts ready and on the way. All urethane except for the insert and bushings.....no glue anywhere....nothing to separate on hard landings, the whole assembly acta as a damper.

View attachment 201007

zimmy and scottie will be reviewing these too.......on the way with the mounts............701 Mission Control steering. All stainless! Bike style clamp for

View attachment 201008View attachment 201009

Super nice! Stoked to be part of testing this! THANKS!

View attachment 201007

View attachment 201008View attachment 201009

Adjustment in this steering is amazing! Nice to see a quick steer setup that doesn't require changes to the stock steering stops. This is a nice tunable plug and play system, looking forward to putting it through the works.

Top Bottom