Blaster 701 Industries Quick steer: Ride Report

So i got my 701 Industries steering system in the mail.
Threw it on, and just got a few minutes of ride time this morning:

WOW! makes my blaster feel like an X2! (in a good way)

The fit and finish of the product is superb: all of the bolts included were pre-greased (SS & Alum don't get along too well when you toss in salt water) so they should refrain from corroding in place.
The polished SS neck looks fantastic and is rugged
I went from a completely justifiably sloppy stock steering to this system which shows absolutely 0 slop/play in any direction

The quick steering is ridiculous and infinitely adjustable

I have nothing but good things to say.

I only tested flat water today, so I'm hoping to hit some waves tomorrow and will report back.

Thanks 701 for bringing something new & awesome to the Blaster world.
This product is great.
If you didn't order one yet- get in touch with Chris (701industriesUSA@gmail.com)

It's also worth noting that i was worried about the 1.15" offset handlebars--- I thought it was going to feel like i was driving a 3 wheeled golf cart.
NOT THE CASE- i didn't even notice the offset- hence why I forgot to mention it above. (LOL)

Got mine in the mail too, hope to have it on my ski next weekend for a ride report. I like this setup alot! Thanks for the report!

Thanks for your feed back on post. The surf riders in Aus have had only good things to say about its performance in surf riding. I look forward to your comments on what you thought,. Also interested to know what speed setting you have trialed with. Would also be interested to see a picture of your rig showing the Quick Steer, as im building the ultimate Blaster web page, you never know, your ride could end up on there. WHOA.

So i got in a few minutes of 'ankle biter' surf (small 1-2' beach breaks)
Perfect motosurf conditions.

The steering is fantastic!
so smooth & precise
the extended throw just makes the steering response silly.
minimal effort and unbelievable response from the boat.

I also had an opportunity to run some buoys on my way home in an empty mooring field (the cold temps have the fisherman's boats away for the winter) and all i have to say is WOW.
The blaster is difficult to run buoys with (in my opinion) because as soon as it leans over 'too far' the pump comes out of the water. (I'm comparing to X2's, SJ's, and other smaller boats which carve excellent)
With the quick steer system, I was astounded how easy it was to correct your steering input (assume you go into a turn by tossing the boat over into a lean, and then you follow it with steering) well, once you've committed to a body lean angle, its difficult to adjust your steering input with a stock steering stem because so much steering input is required. With the 701 steering & it's quick steer, TINY steering inputs can easily make up for the initial miscalculation in steering input.
For any buoy racer- this steering will show you what you've been missing out on.

Attachments

• photo-37.jpg
    photo-37.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 190

player1

Player1
Your doing well using the second last notch - I found that to be too fast for my old riding style, put it to 3rd from the end and it was awesome for my style. will have to got back out 1 more to see, now that i am used to it...

those are Pro Taper - KX High Bend
I love the height and width
I came from a set of bars (fast 50 tall bars) that had 7" or rise from stock mount, so i matched the rise with these bars (I think they're ~1" shorter?)

I just ordered a set of the RRP Riser Phat bars, they are 28.5 mm with a similar rise and sweep to regular blaster bars from what I can tell. Should be here tomorrow! Testing will be done soon!

I like the narrow bars feel, I tried MX pro-tapers at one point and they felt way too wide. I will let you know how they look once I get my hands on them, if they are too narrow I could always go for the extenders as you mentioned.

Ill keep you posted!

YUP! and for those who don't know, Pro-Taper bars come with built in 'hash marks' so you can cut your bars down precisely on each side.
No tape measure required.

So if you don't like the 31+" width...a sawzall can take care of that for you.

Got my steering and hood shock system mounted and almost ready for a test ride! Here are some pics, also one showing the additional throw over my previous suspension setup. Finally got the stroker back together after the new crank was installed, a few minor details to finish up and ill be ready for w water tets. So far the steering looks great. The install was really easy, it didn't take long to get everything lined up and ready to go. The hood shock system was also an easy install, the only drilling required was for the mounts around the hood seal, the other brackets bolt into existing setup for the hood piece so it also an easy install.

More to come once I get this thing in the water!

IMG_20121216_201452_997.jpg IMG_20121216_201519_796.jpg IMG_20121216_201551_443.jpgIMG_20121216_201624_579.jpg IMG_20121216_201723_457.jpg IMG_20121216_201731_853.jpgIMG_20121216_201811_165.jpg

Got my steering and hood shock system mounted and almost ready for a test ride! Here are some pics, also one showing the additional throw over my previous suspension setup. Finally got the stroker back together after the new crank was installed, a few minor details to finish up and ill be ready for w water tets. So far the steering looks great. The install was really easy, it didn't take long to get everything lined up and ready to go. The hood shock system was also an easy install, the only drilling required was for the mounts around the hood seal, the other brackets bolt into existing setup for the hood piece so it also an easy install.

More to come once I get this thing in the water!

View attachment 205257 View attachment 205258 View attachment 205259View attachment 205260 View attachment 205261 View attachment 205262View attachment 205263
hey zim mate this steering is seriously insane multiple adjustments got mine out to the same as players more than enough tried to take it out to 5 from the stem way to responsive and over rotation of rolls was an issue also running some hybris=d cable so work 50 times better with a stock cable ive been told you will be impresses and looks like my old U M i will be colllecting dust

Top Bottom