Blaster 701 industries quick steer

It has taken a extensive R&D programme to develop one of the most exiting things to hit the BLASTER world. The 701 QUICK STEER is by far the best hi-tech steering helm produced and now available at an affordable price. This system will change the way you ride. Never before have you had the option of dialing in your steering to suit your riding style, whether it be short course or freeride surf to freestyle hardcore, there is a setting for you.

Once you ride a Blaster with QUICK STEER you won't be able to imagine going back to normal throw. As the system was being developed through countless proto-types, the test pilot programme I ran was to ensure that at the end of testing I had what I set out to achieve: a QUICK STEER to be unlike any other helm out there. It had to be robust and maintenance free; material used would be able to hold up to the conditions we play in, be adjustable, and look super cool.

Weighing in at only 2.2 kg (4.8lbs) ,it is constructed out of stainless steel with a 6061 alloy bar clamp. It runs poly urethane bushings with a special slip agent added in the mix, this makes for super smooth turning action with no slop and will not wear out in our life time. The cable link arm has 7 settings ranging from stock to ballistic Only you will know what suits you after experimenting. only takes a few minutes to change to a different throw speed , you may even have a few different settings depending on what riding you're doing on that day.

The knowledge and input I received from and put into this design came from the very best BLASTER FREESTYLERS in AUS. I knew from the start I did not want my helm to be loaded up with adapters, so I set the bar clamp at what seemed the most common height, 30mm (1.18 inches) over standard. Its then up to what offset you use in the bars. 100mm (3.93") seems common . For the type of bar, I went for the 28mm mx fatbar (1 1/8"). These bars are super strong along with a variety of bends & rises available and averaging 800mm (31.5 inches) wide, which gives you excellent control.

We then experimented with moving the bar forward of centre to allow you to move your weight more forward for tight turning and barrel rolls . We settled on 40mm (1.57") forward. The steering system also comes with a bracket to relocate your cable if you set it out in the advanced settings. All in this Quick Steer is a Game Changer.

Pricing will be $399 plus shipping. We'll make an official sales post as soon as they're in stock in the USA. Please consider this a general interst/info thread.
Please contact Nzzit http://www.x-h2o.com/member.php?9029-nizzit for more info on availability. Whoa

barfat.jpg

fatbars1.jpg

qs14.jpg

qs12.jpg

qs13.jpg

mcqs7.jpg

mcqs.jpg

IMG_0691mcqs10.jpg

701LOGO-metal.jpg

Last edited:

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Oh I am not skeptical at all it has similarities to the setup I came up with for the X2 that I caught a ridiculous amount of flack over, you have a very nice looking piece there, I am sure it will work great.

Last edited:

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
sorry bout that, I could have worded that a bit better. The only part aimed at your quote was the "me too =)"

The skeptical part was for anybody out there that might not be sure about the quality and R&D that has been put into our products. Zimmy and Scottie will be receiving the products and giving their honest feedback, whether good or bad.

What did you get flack for on your X2 steering for?

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
sorry bout that, I could have worded that a bit better. The only part aimed at your quote was the "me too =)"

The skeptical part was for anybody out there that might not be sure about the quality and R&D that has been put into our products. Zimmy and Scottie will be receiving the products and giving their honest feedback, whether good or bad.

What did you get flack for on your X2 steering for?
Mostly for offsetting the steering which I and others who actually rode the setup found to work quite well.

I think the steering system will work well for overall technique. It will throw you towards your roll direction and won't be any different to riding a mountain bike setup, which I would say just about everyone has experience with.

With the turning arc of your handle bars being reduced by half when in advance mode , we found by moving the bars more forward allowed you to move your body weight more past centre. Trimming the handling of your Blaster with body position is so much better with the Quick Steer. For turning it allows you to move your weight so much more forward as the bars are only turned slightly, in old school set ups this was not possible. When you study Kienen doing his rolls you can see how little he needs to turn the bars to set the ski in its rotation. When he is hunting for a wave you hardly notice the bars moving but the back ground is. Being adjustable allows the rider to tune it to there style. For me, as im a creek runner i have mine set to advance, Kienan , as a freestyler has his dialed back a hole or to. its fully personal. At least you have options.

player1

Player1
Tested in extreme and semi extreme position. at first you do not expect it Kick so fast from side to side. Plus I found you turn like you would with the old UMI's, which is far too aggressive. I can now relax my arms and with half as much effort turn twice as fast..

after the second ride, running on 3rd last hole, I got perfect response, rapid throw, Very rapid! Once I adjust to this style, i'll be pushing it out the the end!

The best thing is setting up the steering, so easy to ensure you will not break your steering cable by adjusting the end stops. makes your cable last for ever. Really easy to use and my favourite thing is no bearing grease leaking over my engine!

Well Done 701.. Boom.

Last edited:

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
The steering system was designed around jays333 specs/input. I'm sure he could answer the question better than I........or just wait a couple more zimmy will have his 701 Ind gear and will put it all to the test. I'm not sure if Kieran or any of the other Aussies have flipped with this steering unit yet. He sure did make those barrel rolls look effortless though.

964Chris

FREEdumb obtained
zimmy is the man for you to talk with then......east coast and flipping. what else have you done to your blaster?

it is just stock 701 with westcoast exhaust and cut part of the deck off the back to make it flush and diff prop not sure of the size and blowsion freestyle pump cone

Dirty, this mount system will put you slightly further forward on the ski, but I do not see it affecting your ability to flip. It will definitely help with rolls allowing you to be further over the front of the ski. You can always compensate by getting bars with more sweep if you think that would help you out, but I really don't see the offset being the difference on an under rotated flip.

Get yourself a trim system, either stock modified or an AM setup and some decent size waves and you should be good to go! Glad to see you want to start pushing the blaster in the surf!

Top Bottom