701 vs 760 ??

CUKE

BIGGER..STRONGER..FASTER
whats the diff. and which one has more upgrades available?
what motor do you prefer for freestyle setup?

09 - 61x
gp760 - 62t/64x

Ok, sj -09 have 61x cylinders......
...but what does 62t/64x mean?? Is both cylinder "names" or is one of them a case "name" or is it depending on yearmodel?

I`m a:newbie:

Last edited:

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
It's a 64X cylinder, I just looked it up.
When I wrote it, I wasn't entirely sure, so I included 62T just to be sure.
62T = 701 sitdown cylinder.
64X = 760 sitdown cylinder

i have two skis setup pretty similar. both have b-pipe, enhancer, ada head, prop...blah blah blah.
the differnece is, one has a 701 and the other a ported 760 (64x). i like the power on the 760 much better than the 701. however, ive let many of my friends ride them back to back and about 50% prefer the 701 (maybe cause the ski is prettier...idk)

OCD Solutions

Original, Clean and Dependable Solutions
i have two skis setup pretty similar. both have b-pipe, enhancer, ada head, prop...blah blah blah.
the differnece is, one has a 701 and the other a ported 760 (64x). i like the power on the 760 much better than the 701. however, ive let many of my friends ride them back to back and about 50% prefer the 701 (maybe cause the ski is prettier...idk)

Personally I like the smoother powerband of the ported 760 in the surf. It's more predictable and less likely to catch you off guard and off balance and has more than enough power to get you in and out of trouble.

The only problem I see with the 62T 760's is getting the right port job. Just being 60cc's bigger isn't enough to beat out the better port timing of a stock 701 much less a well ported 701.

Personally I like the smoother powerband of the ported 760 in the surf. It's more predictable and less likely to catch you off guard and off balance and has more than enough power to get you in and out of trouble.

The only problem I see with the 62T 760's is getting the right port job. Just being 60cc's bigger isn't enough to beat out the better port timing of a stock 701 much less a well ported 701.

Chucky just ported a 760 recently for a guy in Tampa and he also decked the base of the cyl where it meets the case to lower the port timing...this required the domes being cut to compensate for the decked cyl...This 760 hits like a mofo !!

Top Bottom