701 x2 build

I'll roll down and get some more 404 tomorrow.....If I wake up before they close LOL

WORD!!!!

Heres the one tubbie i got on.. I started smoothing it out with just the excess that sqeezed out when I stuck it on. lil sanding and a skim coat with some 404 and she'll be as smooth as a babies butt!!! I am realy going to town on the bed plates cause I don't want them to look like crap after the first install. I am cutting a corner and not powder coating them... :shhh: I got about 8 or 10 coats of primer on them with sanding every couple coats, and about 4 or 5 coats of gloss black. I let the first couple coats sit for a day and sanded with some 1000 and put the last couple coats on. I am going to clear the shat out of them too. only time will tell.

heres a couple pics of my buddy doitones sj getting some love....

Attachments

• HPIM0424.jpg
    HPIM0424.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 56
  • HPIM0426.jpg
    HPIM0426.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 28
  • HPIM0427.jpg
    HPIM0427.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 35
  • HPIM0418.jpg
    HPIM0418.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 62
  • HPIM0433.jpg
    HPIM0433.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 39
Yes sir!!! will get the second tubbie on tonight, and the bedplates finished. My plan is to hopefully get a motor in it by this time next week.. I think paint is going to wait till next winter... she may just end up rattle can white or black.. well see... I kind of want to make a trip to fl for the x2travaganza.. but that is a LONG way!!!

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
Yes sir!!! will get the second tubbie on tonight, and the bedplates finished. My plan is to hopefully get a motor in it by this time next week.. I think paint is going to wait till next winter... she may just end up rattle can white or black.. well see... I kind of want to make a trip to fl for the x2travaganza.. but that is a LONG way!!!
Get ahold of Neil (RMBC) and put your reservation in for the trip to Pismo in october, they called me yesterday on there way to Cuongs spring break ride there!!! Colorado crew is awsome....:Banane09:

Yeah I really didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted!!! I had some family stuff to deal with and yesterday was wasted having to dig a big hole....:eek:uch: yeah sucks! I have tomorrow though!!!:nana: but anyway... I got the bedplates ready to go, and sanded the tubbies and ran another skim of 404 to smooth things out a lil more today. I also put 3 layers of glass on the nose repairing the previous damage. I am going to fill the bond line inside the nose too and put a couple layers inside too.... as this hull is gonna take some abuse in the quest for the bronco 180's and flatwater barrel rolls!!:barrel:eek:k ok so there will probably be some of this:splatt: but its all good :biggthumpup:

Attachments

• HPIM0455.jpg
    HPIM0455.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 41
  • HPIM0456.jpg
    HPIM0456.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 38
  • HPIM0458.jpg
    HPIM0458.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 38
  • HPIM0453.jpg
    HPIM0453.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 33
  • HPIM0454.jpg
    HPIM0454.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 31

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
You will like the fact that now you can turn the boat by just shifting your weight, kinda cool.

I can't wait to drag some bars already.....
I got the bottom of the hull as good as I am going to get it. I wasn't trying to make it new again, just clean it up. I sanded the whole bottom and mixed up a lil 404 and skimmed it over the bottom to fill in some of the major spots. I sanded that down and it has a layer of primer on waiting to be sanded when i get off today.

So i got the primer on the bottom sanded and layed another 3 coats. Let that sit over night and sanded again. I put the first coat of black on last night. I was going to mix up some paint and shoot if with the gun, but this hull is just so beat! i said hell with it and rattle canned the bottom black. i got a buddy that said he will shoot the top for a 100 bucks so i will probably still atleast have the top sprayed. At this point the goal of having this thing look as good as it runs it way out the window. I have decided to just get this thing running good and save for a lightweight hull.....

got the bottom rattle canned black.. have been super busy with all the skis in my garage! I am planning on hangin it tomorrow so I can glass the inside of the nose and then finish up the outside of the nose and all the glass work will be done!! Then the REAL fun begins! I'll start getting pics then, all the glass work pics are no fun!!!

I'm going to run a old school 550 outlet infront of the left side tubbie. I'm not really a fan of the outlet coming thru the tubbie. The 550 outlet is smaller and will fit perfect on the outside. I was planning to try and make it a straight shot from the waterbox to the outlet to eliminate one of the 90s, but well see...

I really want to go!!!:frown: I have never been in the ocean, so when better then with a bunch of other x2s! who knows it is a month away so can't say I'm for sure not....:naughty:

Well time for an update....
I layed some 404 in the bond line of the nose, and layed 3 layers of glass over it. turned out really good. I am very happy with how the repair of the gapping hole and rail that was hanging off turned out!!!:bananapowerslide: Just couldn't get a decent pic.... I think I am all done with glass though.:Banane09: So I wanted to get to a lil more fun! Garage is a mess, so the ping pong table became my new motor build bench. If you never built a motor in a kitchen, living room, or hotel bathroom, what kind of motor builder do you call yourself... LOL So I pulled out the 61x and gave her a lil freshining, and a girdled ada head. I am running 33cc domes for right now, but will probably have a set of 31's in there in no time. I chased all the threads with a tap to clean up all the corrossion and got everything ready to go in. I am planning on rebuilding my carb in the morning and taking a trip to fastenall to get some nice new stainless bolts for the plates and mounts and she may be bolted in place tomorrow!! the one pic is after she was all together, and then I just had to get a sneak peek!!!:shhh: my lightweight hood from George should be here tomorrow, and some stuff for my sj, oh!.. or I mean the wifeys SJ.....:nana:

Attachments

• HPIM0469.jpg
    HPIM0469.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 59
  • HPIM0471.jpg
    HPIM0471.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Got my new hood today, ordered it from George over on pwc. looks killer!!! weighes in at 8.2 pounds. Thanks George hood looks awsome and trim piece trimmed up in a breeze... not bad for a freebie!!!! well this thing is really starting to come together. be doing a lil things here and there this week... gonna bolt the motor in, and get everything drilled and mounted, then final sanding and touching up spots, getting ready for paint. Then back down to bare hull it goes! Hopefully next weekend, if not the following the paint will get sprayed. From there it is just final assembly and all the little touches.

Attachments

• HPIM0472.jpg
    HPIM0472.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 67
Thanks guys!!!! if you could have only seen this turd when I got it!!!! It is really starting to come together..... well back to the mancave to sand a lil more!!!!!

Top Bottom