750 bp spark problems (zxi motor and electrics)

Saturday I was getting my x2 ready for its third test run and went to start it and it took awhile and then was back firing and popping like the timing was off. So I started pulling it apart to check the woodruff key. Pulled everything apart and turned first piston tdc and the key was at the top, so it didn't shear.

Then a buddy came over Sunday and wanted to here what it was doing. So I put the cover back on and hooked the tank back up and turned it over. It fired up and ran perfect. Took it to the water and ran a hole tank of gas thru it with no problems.

Today my brother came out and we hooked up and went to the water. Got there and went to start it and it is now back firing and popping again. Took everything back apart and nothing looks wrong. Pulled the plugs and I am getting a random spark. It might spark when you first hit the button or not. Checked the start/stop switches out and nothing seems wrong there either.

I'm guessing it's the coil trigger going in and out but not sure. Is that my starting point? Can you just replace it or do I have to replace the stator with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom