750sx carb midrange problems

Just rebuilt 1992 750sx carb (kehnin CDKII) and water tested it. Runs, fuel pumps fine. However, there is no midrange power. You have to nurse it up to speed carefully, then ease on the power then it takes off with good full throttle power. It's like the old auto carburetors when the accelerator pump went bad. It kind of "bogs down" if you give it too much throttle right away. The spec calls for 7/8 turn out on both the high and low speed jets. I tried this, then 1.25, then 2 turns out, it's still the same. I notice that when you turn the hs and ls needles all the way in (clockwise) they do not "bottom" like a normal jet, the just spin when you turn the screwdriver. I inspected the needles and they are not stripped in any way, they look ok.
Any ideas on how to diagnose this problem would be appreciated. Thanks.

Magyar68

Really!!!
if you turn them counter clockwise are you able to remove them? If not you may have to look at getting new adjusters, and or a new carb.

Not sure if you have gotten this problem solved or not but opening the screw on a two stroke will make the bog worse. Most bog will come from to much fuel. If you started at 7/8 i would go to 3/4 then go from there. Put a new set
Of plugs in and warm it up then check the plugs. If there oily and wet its still to rich. Should be a nice lighter brown color.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom