SX/SXi/SXi Pro 750sx trim questions.

^ Yes. I'm planning on putting a CATS system on my sxi. I already bought the X2 nozzle. It bolts right up. You just need to fab up a bracket to hold the cable against the pump.

So i can take the trim nozzle off my x2 and bolt it right on to my sxr? Got any more info or pictures on mounting the cable to the pump housing? Hook the cable directly up to the trim lever?, is it gonna take alot of pressure to pull the trim lever with all that thrust coming out of the nozzle? I want to set it up so point down when i pull the trim lever, is this still gonna work?

I have the start of CATS if anyone is interested
IMAG0246.jpg

N09

yes it should fit the sxr and let off gas pull trim then hit gas again. otherwise its pretty hard with all that pressure. unless you invest in a hydrolic setup witch would be way easy. nothing on the market for it but you use a vw slave cylinder from a conversion kit changing it from manual clutch to hydrolic and master cylinder of off a motorcycles or off road mountain bike.

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
just did mine last year. u def. have to let off the throttle, pull the lever, and get back on it... theres no way you'll be able to pull the lever while on the gas (with a pull cable style trim)

98 - How do you like your trim setup? Did you gain much in terms of height or ability to get the ski up and out of the water? Does it make barrel attempts/stabs any easier? I hear so many different opinions on the use of trim...

98SXIPRO

One Of A K1nd
honestly, i didn't get much ride time with it last year. and by the time i got my Coffmann rocket pipe swapped out for a Factory Limited pipe and got a chance to really start riding it, i ended up breaking my handle pole. but the little time i did get to play with it, it worked pretty well. it def takes some getting used to. if u get it pulled and crank the bars 1 way, the ski def rotates much faster. and just jumping boat/yacht wakes straight on, u def get more air, and more straight up. was it worth all the the work? cutting the rear of my ski, fiberglassing, foaming, turfing....who knows, but does it look sick and catch ever ones eyes when i go riding, u bet ur a$$ it does. lol. i just got my pole swapped out with a SJ pole, so now I'm just waiting for some warm weather to tune the pipe and get back to riding it.

Top Bottom