750sxi vs rn yamaha

WET BOX

STL Crew
May be a good deal still. Kind of a silly question though. Its not that sxi won't freestyle, its just a general consensus that the rn platform is better. How much better is debateable.

later

anthony_

wake jumping pirate
well, just do a youtube search for freestyle and freeride videos. count how many guys are riding roundnoses vs. how many guys are riding any kawi standups.

the $1,000 will be going towards buying a superjet. the question is: will it be going towards YOU buying your superjet or towards the they guy selling his 750 to buy HIS superjet?

i'm not sure you could ask a question on this site and get more of a one sided answer. actually, not true. if you asked if riding a standup was better than riding a sitdown, then maybe you might get more of a one sided answer on this site.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
For $1000 a SXIpro is a good play boat. It's fast, and a good carving ski. If you want a dedicated freestyle ski, just buy a RN for 3x the price.

socal750

Socal750
The 750 rides like a supercharged pencil... The superjets ride alot more consistant I guess you could say but the superjets feel big to me IMO compared to the kawi and if your adjusted to riding a kawi the yamahas feel like they ride up out of the water real high and lean from side to side real easy I guess this makes them transfer from rail to rail alot easier instead of hooking and throwing you like a over powered 550 does

anthony_

wake jumping pirate
When I went from a 750sxi to the rn I was pissed I didn't do the switch earlier in life. More fun all the way around for me. My .02

I was just about to same the same thing. I used to own kawi standups and loved them. I'd ride friend's superjets (both rn and sn) for about 20 minutes at a time and I did not like them. I thought they were too squirrelly and I didn't like the way they felt. So I was going to build a freestyle 750sxi. I'd PM people who'd built freestyle 750s looking for suggestions and they would respond with: "dude, you'd be better off getting a superjet" or "actually I sold my 750 and got a superjet" or "I'd be so much further if I'd started with a superjet." So I went ahead and took a leap of faith and got a ski that I previously didn't like riding. It didn't take long at (like a tank of gas) for me to covert my riding style to superjets and now i'm soooo much happier. just my experience.

my first ski was a 92 750sx. I bought it last summer and loved it. it was a great ski to learn on, but after ridding a couple of my buddies' superjets , i knew what i wanted. I wanted to put mods on a ski to make it more freestyle so i sold my 750 about a month ago and picked up a 701 SN. The 750 was great to run buoys and carve around but i wanted a lil more than that. No matter what you get its gonna be great to be out on the water rippin it up on a standup. If you wanna go freestyle i would reccommend a Superjet and skippin the whole " wish i got a superjet" period

superjets are the way to go imo. i agree with anthony that it takes a tank of gas to fall in love with them. obviously everyone has their own idea of what is the best

anthony_

wake jumping pirate
I just said this on another thread, but check out how many people have Kawi in their username on this site like KawiRider or KawiGuy or SXIGuy (not talking about anyone specific) SXRrider or something like that, but now they have superjets.

Top Bottom