760 dual 44's or Black Jack dual 46?

texh20racer

Waterlogged
I am in a quandary as far as carburetion , I am building a race limited class superjet, 62T cases, 62t cylinders, All unported, Riva Red pipe, will be running 185 compression head, and Msd enhancer. And at my disposal I have a set of stock 760 44mm carbs or a pair of 46 blackJack Carbs, So which should I use? Will the BlackJacks be too much for such a setup?

Shifty

- SuperJet Thursday -
I am no expert but you may just send your 44's in to be BlackJacked. Its very reasonable. I bought a pair of 46's for my setup. I think they are a little to large for my current motor (701) but I plan to upgrade next year and only wanted to buy carbs once.

Current motor setup: 701 std bore, Total Loss, ported, b-pipe, 46mm BlackJacks, compression is at 160psi.

oxnard111

Creative RE Purchasing
Seems like Art at Jetworks recommend dual BJ 44's even for his ported engines. Dual 46's might a little much on the stock engnine.

Call Art or Robert at Jetworks and talk to them. They will lead you in the right direction.

SUPERJET-113

GASKETS FOR CHAMP BRAP!
Site Supporter
DUDE!
The 46's will kick ass for you for racing!

Dont even think about putting on the OEM 44's. My friend has a set up similar to yours and he runs the 48 blackjacks and it rips and never loads up with them. I have dual 44's on my BB SJ and love them.
I cant say enough great things about BrapJacKs. Best thing i ever put on my ski, next to a B pipe and TL.. Great carbs

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I am running dual 46 Blackjacks on my Jetworks 760. Runs great, no loading up - but Art did recommend I go with 44's initially.

texh20racer

Waterlogged
Well I already had the 46 blackjacks and 760 44's and I just found and picked up a set of 44 Blackjacks on ebay. So I guess its just a matter of testing now.

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
sell me whichever set of blackjacks you end up not using.... preferably the 46... they would work well on my ported motor. :arms:

I'm building a spec class blaster with a stock 62t, head (185psi), and bpipe. Trying to decide which carbs to run. It sounds like 46's may be a little more for my application...? Should I stick with the 38's, bump up to 44's, or still go with 46's like I'm thinking about? Thanks

cmeripper26

Ripper26
I got Mikuni 40's that were modded to dual 42's by Novi. They are coupled together tuned in sync and pushes my SXR around good! If you wanna trade 44's or 46's i'll throw in Tau Ceti FA's and the outer wears. Im just looking to upgrade my carb setup now.

SUPERTUNE

Race Gas Rules
I'm building a spec class blaster with a stock 62t, head (185psi), and bpipe. Trying to decide which carbs to run. It sounds like 46's may be a little more for my application...? Should I stick with the 38's, bump up to 44's, or still go with 46's like I'm thinking about? Thanks

If buying new carbs, just start with a new set of 46's, if you can find a clean used set, 44's will be ok, Just Don't Use Junk OEM 760 carbs!

Foximus

CFL Cheapass.
Chuck. Whats so bad about the 760 carbs? Other than the fact that they are lacking a extra fuel circuit there is no other major differences is there? Ive been told more than a few times that just by going one jet size larger this more or less makes up for the difference.

SuperJETT

So long and thanks for all the fish
I ran oem 44's and replaced them with regular 44's (taper bored) and it's a night and day difference. The oem's didn't have much of a hit, very smooth but just didn't feel powerful.

SXIPro

JM781 Big Bore
I ran oem 44's and replaced them with regular 44's (taper bored) and it's a night and day difference. The oem's didn't have much of a hit, very smooth but just didn't feel powerful.

That is interesting and important info for me, you may have just saved me some cash and some power. I was gonna pick up a pair of stocker 44s.

I run a freestyle ported 701, B-pipe, MSD enhancer, ADA head, etc. Still have stock 38s. What is my best option that won't put me in the poor house?

I have dual 46's ( Team scream recommendation ) on 771cc and they are tuned and run wonderfull compared to the hassle i had with oem 44's on my 760...( next project replace these 44's) .

SuperJETT

The size/position/number of low speed circuit holes is different. oem carbs are made more for emissions/smoothness than all out power.

SuperJETT

oem 44mm carb
normal_blackjack_oem.jpg

regular 44mm carb
taperbored.jpg

Top Bottom