760 not running right

I have a 760 in my lightweight x2 and i just cant seem to get it running right. At the end of last season it was not right. It sounded funny and the the water was not coming out of the pisser right and it ran like crap. I took the head off and one of the dome orings was broke. i did not have a new one so i glued the old one back together and the ski ran awesome for about a minute until the oring broke again. I got new ones and put them in but when I rode it it ran as if one was broke again but they are all good. I checked my reeds and they are good. What else can this possibly be? thanks

if you guys are haveing the x2 ride again we will be there, i just came on to post this same thing for you lol. i have the same problem with my 701 wave blaster the water pulseates as it comes out of the pisser. iam going to order new head gaskets for it and try that but if thats not the problem what else could it be?

Last edited:
Yeah man I can't wait for the ride this year so keep me informed on when it is. Hopefully I will have the skis running properly.

madscientist

chilling with these guys.
the dates are in my sig and the freeride forum has the other info. shawn is looking to pay someone to bring his and possibly ryans skis down so that they can fly due to school and work.

i haven't recieved a definate from pete yet but, anything is possible

WFO Speedracer

A lifetime ban is like a lifetime warranty !
Try some different spark plug caps,I have seen many Yamaha plug caps go bad and cause the boat to run like crapola on a stick with mustard sauce.

hey bri this time we will man up an spf it up in the room and all day long so we dont blow our load the first day like last year. :trink26:

madscientist

sounds like a cracked cylinder, allowing for pressure to escape into the cooling jackets. have you tried a leak down test on the cylinders as well as the bottom end. if the porting thinned out the case enough it could have cracked internally.

madscientist

hey bri this time we will man up an spf it up in the room and all day long so we dont blow our load the first day like last year. :trink26:

Oh yes!!!!, i do believe, i remember the lobster brothers. :laugh2:

:thinkerg: start applying it before you guys even leave jersey. :poke:

madscientist

run a search for it. but it works like this, you remove the exhaust system, and carb, then seal all points w/ some home made plates that will seal the engine.. 1 of the plates should have a nipple on it to pull a vacume w/ the purchased or built tester. you will check each cyl seperately, i didn't say my spelling was great!!!

I have a 760 in my lightweight x2 and i just cant seem to get it running right. At the end of last season it was not right. It sounded funny and the the water was not coming out of the pisser right and it ran like crap. I took the head off and one of the dome orings was broke. i did not have a new one so i glued the old one back together and the ski ran awesome for about a minute until the oring broke again. I got new ones and put them in but when I rode it it ran as if one was broke again but they are all good. I checked my reeds and they are good. What else can this possibly be? thanks

did you use any kind of sealant on the head?
its possible some of the glue used to "fix" the o-ring is stile in the o-ring groove. causing the same symptoms due to the domes not sealing correctly use silicone grease to seal the o-ring on your head/domes.
im no exspert but there is what i have to offer.

Oh don't you worry I have cases of sunblock this year. I don't have to be the tough guy that doesn't where it this time around LOL. I may even buy some stock in it.

Top Bottom