Super Jet 760 or 701

i know this has been gone over many times but my question is what motor should i run a slightly ported 61x/61x with 46bj and type 4, or a completely stock 760 with type 4. the reason i ask is the 760 has dual 44s and the t cases. and i mainly flat water free ride. what do u guys think?

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
Search it! But from what I have read the stock 760 is going to be more for top end. While the ported 61x is going to hit harder.

the reason i am starting a new thread is because i am running 61x cases with a single carb, to where it seems every other comparison is 61x/62t. thanks for the input guys

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
The cases on the 760 are the same as the 62t cases. Its the cylinders that are different. Plus from what I understand the 44m carbs aren't that great for bottom end either. I run the 61x motor cases and cylinder and it works pretty well. My buddy has the 62t 61x and I don't feel much of a difference.

take 2mm off the botom of your 760 cylinder and cut your domes 2mm into your head, then bore it to 85mm and you have a good hitting 771

I started a 760cyl build with this in mind. Only prob is when you de-sleeve, and cut the bottom of the cyl to lower exh port timing you also move your intake ports down 2mm so they would have to be ported/raised the same 2mm to not loose intake duration. prob withat is raising intake ports 2mm = water jackets..
Stick with the X cyl dood. They can be made up to 828cc with bore mods alone. 760cyl for cheap cc's is a bad idea IMO.. For freestyle brap that is.
Now if you wanna do 55 on your ski than by all means 760 awaaaay :)
I've wasted time and $ on it, and have since gone back to an 83mm X cyl project..

Top Bottom