Super Jet 771 Big Bore Yami

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
Just wonder who I should send my cases, cylinder, and carbs to this winter. I want the most available arm jerking power out of this platform. I am planning on buying a atp epic and 46 retail mikunis I already have a ltd bpipe. Also how is Tim Judges freestyle stuff? Kind of noticed that there is a 771 Judge motor for sale on here.

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
I would snap up that judge motor if I were you. You won't be able to build a motor for that.

But if you want new, my recommendation is Jetworks. My big bore 61x motor that they did has so far beat any other motor I've personally tried (including bigger and spendier motors)

Waternut

Customizing addict
Well there is a thread in the general section that talks about the best aftermarket engine. If you read more the first 5 posts, you'll quickly realize that most of the reputable engine builders in this business produce very strong and reliable engines. If you want price comparisons, turn around times, and amount of work accomplished, you're going to have to contact the various builders for that information. Based solely on the number of satisfied customers and level of customer service provided to those who speak up, I'd recommend starting with some of the most reputable builders like Paul Lehr, Team Scream, and Art with Jetworks in order to see what they can offer you.

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
The people im considering is Jetworks, Team Scream, and Tim Judge. I just want the best quality/reliability something thats going to have awesome power and not have to touch it for a year or two with the proper care. Im kinda tired of wrenching I do that enough to sleds. I enjoy jetsking to much to have to wrench on my ski during riding season. It would be cheaper if my dad would help port my motor but after thirty years of racing and wrenching on skis,sleds, and bikes he's burnt out. We used to have three race sleds when he was at micro belmont and raced them full time ice, grass, and asphalt.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
If it was not for my 4month old bendix failing, I have already gone through 7gallons of 2stroke oil this year without even changing plugs. If you start with all new/mint parts you will not wrench with XSCREAM! Push button and go everytime. LOVE MY BIG BORE! Shipped my parts 2 weeks before daytona and picked everything up @ the ride, FLAWLESS service and support after the sale for any stupid questions I had.

Whoever you go with... DO EVERYTHING THEY SAY. Have them do 100% of the work. Buy the whole package and do not make a single decision yourself! Buy the pump, prop, pipe, carbs, head, ignition, timing, ect that the builder tells you!!! You'll be real happy you did and your ski will run like it is supposed to.

sj35.JPG

sj36.JPG

Last edited:
Judge Motorsports. Not only do you get awesome work, you get Tim and his cell phone. I don't know a single engine builder out there who deals with his customers better than Tim. If you have a question all you got to do is pick up the phone.

Just my opinion.
Scottie

jetnut_118

Blackjack Performance
I'm going to call team scream, Tim Judge, and Art tomorrow. I will call and see who offers the best deal and who can convince me to spend my money with them.

shawn_NJ

Chasing waves.
Ohh and shawn if u want to sell your setup let me know. It looks very nice and that's another bonus on top of the braaaap it provides.

Never selling it!

Make sure you get the TOTAL cost of the build. Remember its not just the motor. Your intake is a huge cost, FP exhaust must be modified, cost of all the stupid parts (OEM seals, bearings, gaskets), ADA head will have to have domes machined. Add in what prop your going to have to buy for the motor, TBM stuffer. What electrical componants you are going to have to buy...(its a sin to put used :):):):)ty stators, cases, cylinders, ect on multi thousand dollar motor builds. All this added "stuff" goes into the total cost of the build. Its not just buying a BB cylinder and boring the cases with any of the builders you posted.

All 3 of the above builder will make you a kick ass motor. Get your pricing, get the lead times, figure out the time/cost to ship them the donor parts, see who give you the warm and fuzzy feeling, then sleep on it....its alot of :):):):)ING money.

BTW, if I was going to do it all over I would DEFINETLY go XS865). After spending almost an hour on Flash-FX's this past Sunday, there is NO comparison on the power over the 771. (harder then some strokers I have riden) 865 RIPS! Ya its more money, but worth it for the power. Thats the next build I am going to do once I figure out my hull situation.

Last edited:

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Never selling it!

Make sure you get the TOTAL cost of the build. Remember its not just the motor. Your intake is a huge cost, FP exhaust must be modified, cost of all the stupid parts (OEM seals, bearings, gaskets), ADA head will have to have domes machined. Add in what prop your going to have to buy for the motor, TBM stuffer. What electrical componants you are going to have to buy...(its a sin to put used :):):):)ty stators, cases, cylinders, ect on multi thousand dollar motor builds. All this added "stuff" goes into the total cost of the build. Its not just buying a BB cylinder and boring the cases with any of the builders you posted.

All 3 of the above builder will make you a kick ass motor. Get your pricing, get the lead times, figure out the time/cost to ship them the donor parts, see who give you the warm and fuzzy feeling, then sleep on it....its alot of :):):):)ING money.

BTW, if I was going to do it all over I would DEFINETLY go XS865). After spending almost an hour on Flash-FX's this past Sunday, there is NO comparison on the power over the 771. (harder then some strokers I have riden) 865 RIPS! Ya its more money, but worth it for the power. Thats the next build I am going to do once I figure out my hull situation.

New OEM crankshaft is big bucks too... I am getting an 865 done and all the extras added up fast.

Waternut

Customizing addict
New OEM crankshaft is big bucks too... I am getting an 865 done and all the extras added up fast.

Yeah I inquired about the 865 a while back because the intro price is very tempting. Granted you can get the 865 without paying too much more than the intro price but at the same time, it'd be silly to spend all that money on their package and then tell xscream that you don't want the recommended case porting, bigger carbs, better intake, reeds, etc. Big power isn't cheap and there isn't one single mod that'll do everything you want so doing everything the engine builder recommends should be top priority.

BruceSki

Formerly Motoman25
Only thing I decided to skimp on was porting the b pipe and the stinger mod.

I figure I can enlarge the headpipe and manifold myself, and maybe do the stinger mod down the road.

Exactly, I also put a new OEM in the 771 and stuff like that is what makes these builds so expensive. But I also plan on getting a bunch seasons out of the motor.

if you ride a good bit......let me know how that works out for you in a yr or so

to the op.....service after the sale is a big deal,if you wana really find out what to expect,call the builders your considering a few times and see how many times you can get them on the phone to answer your ?s about the build

Last edited:
Top Bottom