89 Direct Steer

Diceman

Bigger..Better..Faster
Trying to adjust it to give me more throw to the left and right, and words of wisdom on this. Seems when I adjust it one way by screwing out one of the ends, it shortens the throw the other way.

as you have figured out by now, you can't get more throw by adjusting the ends. you need to either have a longer steering arm on the steering, or a shorter arm on the turn nozzle, or both.

Diceman

Bigger..Better..Faster
Problem is, I changed the tower brace on the carb side, so my Dual Carbs will fit, and it (steering arm) barely clears the brace now (basically I have 2 left side tower braces in there)
I think I will need to extend the cable itself...ideas

ksmith83

( o Y o )
what i did for min was take off the arm on the bottom of the steering, and grnid back the stops. just make sure you grind a little at a time.

downfall...your steering bars now turn farther as will your nozzle. meaning not really a quicksteer, more just more steering allowed.

make sense?

Diceman

Bigger..Better..Faster
Ya, that makes sense and will work I think, I am not looking for quicker steering, I really need is more throw on the nozzle.

Diceman

Bigger..Better..Faster
Shut it Tommie!! I gotta figure something out. My luck I will take the tower brace out and it will crack.

tom21

havin fun
problem is the cable is made to throw only so far and if you extend past that it can bend the inner cable or get hung up. to me it seems that since the steering throw is short at the bars, it would be a great benefit to have quicksteering as you would need very little movement at the bars to steer and locked it will turn way sharp. I hate turning the bars all the way and the ski is still going straight. if you look at someone who has quicksteer the nozzle is almost being blocked by the side of the hull. result? better turning ability. you will get used to the quicksteer and other skis will seem sluggish and boring to ride. :biggrin:

Top Bottom