91 SN Resurrection

Yamisj

Hot Dog
I have always enjoyed jet skiing but never really thought of owning my own. An opportunity came along at the end of last summer for me to pick up a sn sj and wr 3. They were the property of my grandfather. They had gotten neglected the last five to six years. The wr's engine had been dismantled and left. Both had serious engine issues. I am putting a 61x in the SJ and rebuilding the 650 for the WR.

Here are couple pics of the SJ paint job.
I am hand painting this thing.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2331682&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

I have couple more coats to do on the hood, but just started on the hull.

P1270010.jpg

P1270011.jpg

Yamisj

Hot Dog
Thanks Swooperjet,

Your skiis look SWEET!!!

In the pic of the hood you can see the 701 I bought from Oxnard111.
I already got a R&D intake and R&D rideplate.

Boris

The Good Old Days
Looking good.
Another square being brought back to life is always a good thing.
So, what color is that orange and why didn't you mod that hood before paint ??

Yamisj

Hot Dog
Thanks.
That color is safety orange=mopar orange.
mod the hood?
Hadnt really thought of doing anythinng to it. I havent seen any mods.
What do you change....for what reason?

Boris

The Good Old Days
Most remove the top air intakes and the stock liner.
The air intakes allow too much water to get into your bilge and the stock liner is just heavy.

Yamisj

Hot Dog
Most remove the top air intakes and the stock liner.
The air intakes allow too much water to get into your bilge and the stock liner is just heavy.

That make sense now.
When I visited Blowsion, they told me the biggest things to do were intake grate, ride plate and impeller. Then spend on engine mods. dont remember them saying anything about the hood. All those guys put bilge systems in anyway, especially since they ride in the ocean all the time.

Yamisj

Hot Dog
So I've gotten a few more coats of paint on the hull and a one coat on the hood since I started this thread. Since the paint is diluted by mineral spirits it takes alot of coats of paint to see some good results. It certainly is testing my patience. Be sure you have some before attempting this paint method.

Yamisj

Hot Dog
Hull bottom finished

P2270015.jpg

P2270014.jpg

Here are some pics of the hull bottom.
It is finished as it's going to get for this go around-painted, polished and waxed.
I've finally figured out how this paint goes on best and went back to the foam roller which really laid it down nice.

Top Bottom