SX/SXi/SXi Pro 92' 750sx Wont Start

I picked this ski up for 600 bucks...it is all stock, and will only start if you spray starter fluid in the carb...what could the problem be? gunked up carb? rebuild the carb? any input is welcome!
thanks

Attachments

• IMG_4241.jpg
    IMG_4241.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4246.jpg
    IMG_4246.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4242.jpg
    IMG_4242.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4243.jpg
    IMG_4243.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4244.jpg
    IMG_4244.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4245.jpg
    IMG_4245.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 38
Probley the carb,you could rebuild it but if you got it that cheap I would buy a bigger carb than the stock one...put a primer kit on too that always makes starting easier than the stock choke setup....good lookin deal though brother,nice job on that one!

oh dear....umm all last summer and over the winter...probably only a quarter tank...should i pull the tank drain it and put some fresh gas with a little sea foam in there to clean out the lines?

At the very least I would get the old gas out of the tank and clean it up and remove the carb to give it a good cleaning. After that put some fresh gas in there and see if she fires up! I also agree with Captain for only 600 bucks you have some room to start getting some nice upgrades on that thing :headbang:

well....took it to my mechanic, and he had it running in about 3 minutes! the choke wasnt closing all the way...tightened it up and she starts first push!

rode it this week! i love it. until my pol snapped. it was cracked when i bought it...they repaired it with one piece of fiberglass...so i was waiting for it to break...anyone have a pole?

If you are looking for a stocker search for an sxr or sxi as well they are the same setup. If you want to go with a stronger pole I can build you an aluminum one for $280 shipped, if you're interested I can send you a link to the poles I've been making.

Last edited:
Top Bottom