SX/SXi/SXi Pro '92 750SX

I'm getting closer to getting the CarterB SuperJet Rocker installed. Carter's customer service is excellent. When I had emailed Carter with pictures of my progress and questions on how to continue he replied within hours. He always left his cell number and said I could call if needed.

550/440

Maybe I'll get it all the way around NEXT time....
Looking good, sir! Thank you for updating the thread, I also can't wait to see the end result of the rocker kit.

It lined up great after some trial and error. I tried install the rocker with the sides like the SJ but that didn't work out so I didn't have to cut the rocker down the middle. That just created more work for me to glass it back together. Here is where I'm at right now. My ski winter project has been sidelined due to a big couple customer side jobs.

Back from the dead. My buddy just bought a mint restored Jetmate with a 750 conversion. Got to cruise it this summer and it got me fired up to finish my ski.

Some Rocker progress, cleaned up the wiring, ebox, stator cover, fabbed primer and bilge bracket, shaved 2lbs from the hood, notched the tray for the trim system, cut the rails to A/B foam+glass and more blending of the rocker and clean up bottom of hull.

[/QUOTE]

Took a time out from body work to fab a tank. I'm the wiring guy at Buckshot Racing, I can get by in the fabrication, lathe, and mig department. I have tig welded before but not to do something as important as a fuel tank so the welding is handled by the shop welder.
I didn't want anything on my dash but wanted to keep the reserve function so I deleted the knob and cables and made a cap/knob for the reserve.

This is my first time working with carbon fiber so I used it in a spot that will be painted over.
Filled in the dash
Smoothed out the bond line with cabosil
Filled in the tray hump/dip
Blended the inside of the rocker to hull

Base for right side sponson done
Pattern made for left side sponson. Left side base also done.
Both sides of hull cf reinforced
UFO's glassed in
Bilge sprayed
I got a little thin in some spots on the rocker so I added one layer of cf. It overlaps where the rocker meets the hull. Far from perfect but for my first time and for being on the bottom of the ski its's perfect enough

Gas tank volume mesusred in at 7.5gallons
Layer of cf on rocker blended with 407
Driveshaft void/pump insert thingy made
More progress on tubbies

[/URL

Top Bottom