Super Jet 93 SN 650 Superjet improvements

Hey all,

New to forum, but needed some help on deciding whether to build my ski or pitch it...
I have had a SN 650 Superjet since I was 16 (7years). The ski is stock besides an aftermarket bildge and new ride mats. Last summer I bought my wife a 650sx. The Kawi has K&N intake, ride plate, intake grate, and a head pipe...dunno the brand. I found myself stealing her ski all summer, due to throttle response of the 650sx. I know the superjet handles like a champ, but the lack of power is making the ski boreing. Anyone got low cost ideas on how to bring the life back to my SN? I am in the middle of replacing my starter, so I have the head pipe, and exhaust off, but don't know if a pipe is my best option. Share your knowledge, help me out!

Thanks,
Skizook

i personally wouldnt bother buying anything for the 650 motor unless your on a tight budget, a poor mans pipe might run you around 300 and im sure you can find a broken sit down ski with a good working 701 for around 500 or so.... Theres a couple of sit down skis you can transfer the 701 from into your square just do some searching and its your choice to either have a 62t dual carb or a 61x single carb 701 either or is better then a 650!

Yeah, I have been searching on that motor swap, but the zook part of my name stands for a solid axle sidekick i have. I have messed around with taking parts from one rig and putting them into another in the vehicle world, and I want to make sure i dont run into a big mess with my ski. I think there are some modifications need to go to the 701, but can't remember what they are... more info on this, vs just buying a new ski. Thanks

'kotajoe

Do Good Crew!!!!!!
A 61x 701 drops right in with zero mods. You can even run the 650 electronics on it, just will have a lower rev limit than a 61x ebox.

if you were to buy a 701, all you would do is unhook all the hoses and cables, unbolt your 650 and pull it out, and drop the 701 in and re-connect everything and you are good to go

It all depends on what your trying to do...either have a fast ski or have a freestyle ski or a little of both? either way this stuff costs money it aint cheap trust me...the sn you have has the same bottom deck as the rn up to 07 i belive...so if your wanting a rn the only difference will be the top deck look...so if your wanting to go the less money route then keep what you have and build or buy a 701..that way if you find a hull later on you can transfer your sn parts into a rn...kawi on the other hand i have no interest in but everyone has there own likes/dislikes...

Good to know, now moving on with the 701 swap... I would like no alterations other than drop in plug and play. How do I find that motor? What skis use it.

i just got a complete 94 waveraider (running) for 80 bucks it has the 701 in it
i belive the raider you need to buy an aftermarket full exhaust for it...shims..longer battery cable ..oil block off plate..throttle drum ..pissers and new jets for the carbs... just to let skizook know.. i belive the vxr pro is a direct swap??!!

Last edited:

SuperjetSteve

Go Big or Go Home
I got a set of 650 cylinders that have been ported and honed. The owner before me had a sizzler pipe on it and he said the porting made a noticeable difference. Only asking 50 plus shipping witch is cheaper then sending your cylinders out

Well none of my friends ride these, so I will have to keep an eye out on the water.I would like to try one before doing the swap. Would an intake grate or ride plate make my sn more exciting? It feels like the kawi, gets out of the water and moving quicker, also slides more on turns...

You can also have your 650 (6m6) cases honed to fit a 61x (701) cylinder. You cant get a 650 to have much power, but mines beats a stock 750sxi lmao if your on a tight budget just do what I said above and you should be good with a poor mans b pipe or any other pipe. Or dry out the stock exhaust

So pretty much what I get from this is the 650 motor is a slug....other than grabbing my wallet, and swapping the motor the sn will always be like it is?

Yep...but once you have a 701 or something bigger then your 650 you won't regret it and Will say man i shoulda swapped it out sooner lol...

Last edited:

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
throttle drum is fine and jets idk about yet off the raider and i had the rest already so thats why lol

Top Bottom