Blaster 93 WB Blowsion pump shoe install

theiba

Can't get a ski stuck...
Hey guys, wanted some input on what you all thought about installing this Blowsion pump shoe I had next day air'd so I could ride this weekend. According to their site, it's a direct fit for a blaster as well, even though it was listed under the superjet section. I know a little bit about the blasters, but not too much about the superjets to know if there was a difference in the hull where the shoe sits.

This is what mine looks like seated in there... it's not a perfect seat as I still have a little tiny bit of the factory crap glue to remove, but do you guys see where the factory one ended and where this blowsion one ends... Should I have any problems? Is this going to cause any cavitation problems due to that non-smooth transition? I'm going to use Marinetex, you guys think I should just fill the void and fair it out with some sandpaper, or will it not cause me any 'real world' problems. I mean, I'm not racing or anything, just trying to catch some air and have a good time... but at the same rate, I don't want to re-do this thing next week if it's not right. The only reason I even bothered changing it (been riding with no intake grate for over a year now) is because I had the pump off for a new wear ring and impeller.
Here's the pics:

IMG_20110904_100504.jpg

IMG_20110904_100133.jpg

IMG_20110904_095959.jpg

Also, through searching I would assume this is the "extra" they gave me that I have to grind down flush with the hull?

I appreciate the help!

I wouldn't use marine tex. I'd use G-FLex epoxy or 5200. Make sure your pump is lined up before you mount it for good. If you have ure mid shaft housing off, then the shaft should be centered through the opening, then u know your pump is perfect. If not, then mount the shoe (screws only), then the pump and shine a light through the pump and make sure no light bleeds through around the seal.

Last edited:

theiba

Can't get a ski stuck...
Gotcha... I'll definitely dry fit it first.

Just curious about not using Marinetex, through searching, about half of the people say use something that sets up rigid and is not flexible (marinetex, WS 2part), and a lot of guys use the 5200 with no problems. I was going to use the West Systems Six 10 tube epoxy but the WM near me was out. Ronnie Walker at Jetek recommended the Six10 epoxy since it sets up rigid, and is what he replaced his shoe with.

Just curious what your opinion is... is that what you have on yours?

I did mine with the G-Flex. JetManiac recommended it. It can handle the shocks of loading and unloading the pump better than most other adhesives. If I didn't use G-Flex, then I'd go 5200. There was a poll on here somewhere about which adhesive is best and it was 50/50 for the 5200.

snowxr

V watch your daughters V
I'd send a PM to Godocgo. He's put a bunch of our aluminum pump shoes into B1's, and could give you some good tips on the install. For anyone else needing a B1 aluminum shoe, we make one that's specific for that model. www.XR-tech.com

I use thickened epoxy resin for installiations in our shop, and suggest Bostik 940FS as an alternative. I'm not a big fan of 5200, since it makes such a mess, and sometimes peels off after half a season.

Kurt

Last edited:

theiba

Can't get a ski stuck...
Ah, roger that, thanks for the help guys.

Figures, I found you were selling the pump shoes even cheaper then Blowsion and a better casting with everything pre-drilled after I ordered mine and had it priority shipped. :facepalm:

I will keep you in mind next time I know of someone who needs one, definitely not impressed with the POS blowsion sells.

Last edited:
i just bought a jet dynamics for my blaster same thing big gap but jd says itll "load more water and give you better top end speeds" total pos i think taking a ton of epoxy to match everything

Top Bottom