94 Blaster Project

JetSkiDood

Wow,The Water is COLD!!!!
Thanks for the input tom. After more digging it looks like the venture housing should work as you say. The venture housing is 61X-45332-01-9M and the B1 housing is 61X-45332-00-9M. Close enough for Gov't work!!! Ha! The pump I want to put in is complete from a SN. 4 bolts, Shafts are not the same will need the 28 3/4 in. shaft (SJ is 26 in.). A friend is bringing over the housing and shaft from the venture tonight. We'll see if it is the right length.

JetSkiDood

OK, looks like I need B1 drive shaft, Motor Mounts and Ride Plate. I have lots of Square Nose parts to trade....................

JetSkiDood

Ok, drive shaft, Mid Shaft, Motor Mounts and a Pro-Tec Ride Plate are on the way. Should be able to see if it floats soon! This has a single Duck Bill on it. Should I take it off as I have heard they leak?

DCRocks

Wavejunkies
I would get rid of the duck bill, if you plan to ride surf.

I would keep it on if you ride flatwater only.

Mine were busted off when I hit bottom in the surf, but they did not leak while they were on the ski otherwise.

JetSkiDood

UPDATE......Motor time!

Well, I have never seen this motor run, but heard it had been rebuilt by the yahama shop (of course I take that with a grain of salt). Looks pretty good in the cylinders (like I would know) but at least no rust. It had a hosed starter that I swapped for a working one and was able to compression test at 148 each hole. I know the pictures aren't the greatest but if there is anything you can tell from them, input is appreciated. Thanks!!!!!

Attachments

• DSCN1190.jpg
    DSCN1190.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 42
  • Cylinder wall 2.jpg
    Cylinder wall 2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Exhaust port.jpg
    Exhaust port.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Piston.jpg
    Piston.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Cylinder wall.jpg
    Cylinder wall.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 28

JetSkiDood

Sounds good t-runner. You will need a different driveshaft, motor mounts and midshaft (depending on the year SN you have). Where are you located?

JetSkiDood

OK, New question.....Is the prop in the pic broken? It looks like the one I have for it but with the top broken off. Did early Skat props need a removal tool? Anyone have one or know where to get one? Otherwise, how do I get this off the shaft?????

Attachments

• Broken Prop.jpg
    Broken Prop.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 47 Skat Prop.jpg
    47 Skat Prop.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 34
Top Bottom