95 Blaster

Just got this on Sunday. And I already love it! It's supa clean and has low hours. The guy I got it from has owned it since June. Before that it was owned by an older couple who barely rode them. The ski has:
-Coffmans Pipe(I think it's called the rocket pipe, could be wrong)
-ocean pro flame arrestor
-UMI Bars
-Riva Oil gauge block off
-protec ride plate
-westcoast intake grate
-riva modded cdi

I have put 4 hours on it already. The check valve on the tank was clogged, so the first day I rode it the gas tank kinda if compressed, but I got that issue fixed. Is there any must have mods? I will probably keep this pipe setup for now and in the winter get a factory pipe and a prop.
vaqyne6e.jpg
pe6eraja.jpg
5a4u9yga.jpg
sesyqama.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow. I can't believe that the tank sucked down like that and that ski didn't go lean and melt down.

That pipe is not too bad but the factory pipe just looks cleaner.

Wow. I can't believe that the tank sucked down like that and that ski didn't go lean and melt down.

That pipe is not too bad but the factory pipe just looks cleaner.

Took it out just now and it didn't affect te motor at all. I got lucky I guess, glad I caught it before thIngs went south. Compression is still the same, so no issues there. I am probably going to drain the tank here soon and melt it back. I like the pipe it has decent low but tons of mid. Ideally, I will be setting the ski up for more surf than carving. For
Now, I am just going to leave the motor and pipe as is until I can't ride anymore because of winter. I usually ride Lake Michigan surf or chase boat wakes on the river, so as much low end as possible would be nice.

If you're gonna hit the surf I like screw in versi plugs as opposed to the drain plugs. Trimming the hump off the seat wouldn't hurt either. I also like the SBN 46 instead of the 44 and you'll want to change that flame arrestor for surf use.. What impeller do you have? I run the Coffman pipes and when side boarding you better be ready, mine work great and give great power everywhere. Keep an eye on the bolt isolators on the chamber mount. I run TDR water boxes in mine and I'm very happy with them as far as construction and tone. Have fun.

Last edited:
If you're gonna hit the surf I like screw in versi plugs as opposed to the drain plugs. Trimming the hump off the seat wouldn't hurt either. I also like the SBN 46 instead of the 44 and you'll want to change that flame arrestor for surf use.. What impeller do you have? I run the Coffman pipes and when side boarding you better be ready, mine work great and give great power everywhere. Keep an eye on the bolt isolators on the chamber mount. Have fun.

You know I actually already looked at the drain plugs and thought about versiplugs. I had those in my SXR and loved them. I am going to trim the seat as we'll when I get around to it. Are you running the Wet-Jet 46 carb setup with the stuffers? I can side board to save the life of me, but I just use the grab handles in the back to pull myself up to the bars. It actually works well! And yea I have heard these big heavy pipes like the coffmans, riva red, etc tend to vibrate real bad and start cracking. It's a stock prop and it needs to go asap. It cavitates a little and tries to walk away from me at high speeds. I might have a stock single 44 sbn flame arrestor actually, if not I'm sure I can find one at one of my friends places.

For now, I am going to have someone local mill my stock head to about 170-180 psi. Within the month, I should have a brand new ADA head. I'd like to get a waterbox and possibly an impeller. Might wait on the impeller until winter, still up in the air

Yeah, the stock waterboxes do blowout from backfires so that is a plus to the aftermarket waterboxes. I run a Riva box and it is a bit loud out of the water, but the combo sounds great with water going through it. I actually love my Riva pipe, and haven't had any problems with it. Red Lock-tite is key to keeping it together, but with the 61x cylinders, they can and do crack with the load, so I run a girdled head for that reason. I currently run a Solas 13/17 impeller on mine and if feels really good and stays pretty well hooked even with stock intake grate. If it was re-pitched to 13/15 it would be a bit better, or a Hooker 9/15 would be another recomendation for yours.

Yup stock boxes will blow up. Mine blew up a couple weeks ago..backfired through the exhaust. As far as mods go I would have your stock head milled or buy an aftermarket head.

Just bought a riva waterbox locally. I am thinking of pulling the trigger next on a head and a prop. Bought the box off a forum member and he has a 15/19 solas prop. Would that be good for me or keep on looking? Might have to scoop that riva girdled head as well from him

Full girdled head is a good idea with Rocket pipe. Being a 15/19 Solas I would assume its a Concorde, not such a good idea with a limited 61X engine imo. Might wanna order a pair of screw in Versi-plugs too. I run them on mine and think they work great at keeping my bilge dry. Have fun.

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Check out the link in my signature maxing out my blaster.

Check and double check that all of the bolts on the coffman pipe are tight. Like Wanderer said it is a great pipe, you just need to keep an eye on it.

As far as props you can get the best of all worlds with the Solas 14.5/18 or Skat 10/18. But the question is do you want speed or bottom end. (Bottom end is more fun) =)

MJm7UJ8.jpg

Never had an issue with the mounting bolts as long as the isolators are replaced when needed. I feel like the straight Skat 10/18 and Solas "I" give the same feel. I've run them both on same setup and they are really close if not the same in feel to me. I did not have a tach at the time, just seat of the pants kinda thing. Good luck and have fun.

Check out the link in my signature maxing out my blaster.

Check and double check that all of the bolts on the coffman pipe are tight. Like Wanderer said it is a great pipe, you just need to keep an eye on it.

As far as props you can get the best of all worlds with the Solas 14.5/18 or Skat 10/18. But the question is do you want speed or bottom end. (Bottom end is more fun) =)

MJm7UJ8.jpg
Bottom end duh!

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Never had an issue with the mounting bolts as long as the isolators are replaced when needed. I feel like the straight Skat 10/18 and Solas "I" give the same feel. I've run them both on same setup and they are really close if not the same in feel to me. I did not have a tach at the time, just seat of the pants kinda thing. Good luck and have fun.
Coffman recommends them both so probably the same. I have a large hub skat swirl 12/17 I am hoping to try in the next week or two.

Worth noting since I made the switch to the hump coupler I haven't had any issues with bolts coming loose.

Top Bottom