95 Blaster

Might be ahard impeller to push with a hull that has a lot of "wetted" area and a 61X. Heavy porting and big carbs would help. If it turns out to be close, might just be able to bore the reduction nozzle to make it work. Hope it works good for ya, interested in the results. Have fun

Last edited:
I check the coupler, mounting bracket and the bolts when I get home after I ride. It's become a habit after I read so much of these pipes breaking
Are your isolaters good? When they get worn is when you have problems. No issues here. As for the coupler, SeaDoo coupler (I believe it is from a 787) FTW.

Might be ahard impeller to push with a hull that has a lot of "wetted" area and a 61X. Heavy porting and big carbs would help. If it turns out to be close, might just be able to bore the reduction nozzle to make it work. Hope it works good for ya, interested in the results. Have fun
We're you referring to quinc or me?

Full girdled head is a good idea with Rocket pipe. Being a 15/19 Solas I would assume its a Concorde, not such a good idea with a limited 61X engine imo. Might wanna order a pair of screw in Versi-plugs too. I run them on mine and think they work great at keeping my bilge dry. Have fun.

The impeller is a new "old school" YB-SC-K 15/19 not a Concord. Ryan come and get the impeller and the girdle head I'm tired of shipping this stuff out ;)

The impeller is a new "old school" YB-SC-K 15/19 not a Concord. Ryan come and get the impeller and the girdle head I'm tired of shipping this stuff out ;)
So many impellers its hard to remember them all, K is another good one I liked my old straight cuts, especially with some compression and added timing with a 46 SBN (I really like the SBN 46). A little cylinder porting should really make it shine. Have fun

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
Referring to Quinc using the big hub swirl. Quinc do you have any cylinder porting on that engine? Whats your reduction nozzle size?

Freestyle ported, blueprinted pump and nozzle size is stock. I think my little 61x is pushing around 85-90hp. The 12/17 should be pretty close to a 9/15 hooker.

Freestyle ported, blueprinted pump and nozzle size is stock. The 12/17 should be pretty close to a 9/15 hooker.
I was thinking your motor was stock, I just read you thread and read it was ported with some compression I think it may be a little steeper, the big hub and swirl cut is where the main difference is gonna be made but probably be a good choice, report back I'd like to hear the good news. With stock nozzle that leaves you another tuning tool to dial it in. Gonna be nice upgrade over what youre running now. Hope it works out great for ya

Last edited:

Quinc

Buy a Superjet
I was thinking your motor was stock, I just read you thread and read it was ported with some compression I think it may be a little steeper, but probably be a good choice, report back I'd like to hear the good news. With stock nozzle that leaves you another tuning tool to dial it in. Gonna be nice upgrade over what youre running now. Hope it works out great for ya

I am hoping to pick up bottom end with this prop. With that and my new footholds I am hoping to be able to barrel roll her. =)

I run the Solas Concord 13/17 impeller and it feels great, I could get a little more bottom end out of it with either re-pitching to a 13/15 or go for the Hooker 9/15. for a limited 61x Blaster looking for bottom end, those two options would be your best choices in my opinion. A Girdled head is nice when you are slinging a pretty heavy pipe off of the cylinders. however some of the girdled heads interfere with pipe mounting, so make sure the combo will work together and not fight for the same space.

Yeah, the stock waterboxes do blowout from backfires so that is a plus to the aftermarket waterboxes. I run a Riva box and it is a bit loud out of the water, but the combo sounds great with water going through it. I actually love my Riva pipe, and haven't had any problems with it. Red Lock-tite is key to keeping it together, but with the 61x cylinders, they can and do crack with the load, so I run a girdled head for that reason. I currently run a Solas 13/17 impeller on mine and if feels really good and stays pretty well hooked even with stock intake grate. If it was re-pitched to 13/15 it would be a bit better, or a Hooker 9/15 would be another recomendation for yours.

hey, was wondering if you or anyone you ride with, is selling a wave blaster? i am highly interested in one so, if you or hear any one selling one, please let me know. greatly appreciated. thank you

A month later the mod ding has begun...

Coffman rocket pipe is trashed, bracket is broke, it pulled the bolt out of my cylinder and stripped, very bad surf pipe IMO, great power just way to heavy.

Replaced the Coffman with a Factory Pipe Limited.

I picked up a Riva Head with 35 cc domes, some new ODI grips as well. Now just need to find an impeller and I should be good to go

Top Bottom