95 SXI Not pissing properly

Hi guys.

Went on vacation last week. Ski ran pretty well ( all things considered ).

I noticed halfway through the week that the ski wasn't pissing properly, and that steam was starting to come out of the pisser when down throttling, then eventually while running. The pisser would spit water instead of a nice even flow. Water is still coming, but it's mixed with steam and intermittent. Pulled the hood when I noticed after a long ride, water did not sizzle on the pipe or the head.

Ski is still new to me, so not sure how long this has been going on.

I checked all the lines for blockages ( and t fittings ) and found nothing. I pulled the head and saw nothing visible in the jacket for the block.

Any advice?

Temp sensor is already bypassed. I'll order a new headgasket. Wondering if the head could be out of plain.

Someone else said there might be an issue on the pump end?

Yes but if the pump wasn't picking up enough water could this be a result? I'll have to check the bottom gasket tomorrow as well.

Update: Pulled the top-end, exhaust, cylinders etc. Found a couple gaskets that looked iffy so I replaced them all. Found that there was a green liquid in the bottom of the crankcase ( 1/4" or so). wondering if that is normal. Also.. the gasket (without water bypass) on TOP of the exhaust manifold was beat up pretty good. My SBT top-end rebuild kit didn't include one, and I can't even find one on their site.

This is the gasket:

Air is getting in somewhere. Hoping it was the head gasket, but we will find out once I get it all buttoned up.

Any tips on getting the cylinders back on the pistons? Having a tough time with the rings.

Thanks!

stagesrt4

see ya out there
Site Supporter
with ski cool blow thro the pisser to see if she flows clear

If theres no clog or signs of clog then i would be suspect that the head gasket is leaking(idle or maybe not till under presssure)

I've pulled every water line. I've cleared every water jacket. The issue is somewhere else, as others have suggest it's probably head related.

As magyar pointed out -- the gasket that was ontop of my exhaust manifold appears to be from an aftermarket setup that does not allow flow through the manifold to the exhaust system. Wondering if this contributed as well.

tor*p*do

Squarenose FTW
Site Supporter
just squeeze the rings with your fingers and ease them in.
make sure the ring gap is in line with the pin.
gasket is a burned stock headpipe to chamber gasket. I just got a green one from JetManiac for my 750sx.
Stock ones do not have holes in them.

The gasket I posted was where 2 is. I was looking for aomething similarly shaped and sized -- not knowing that it wasn't stock. I have the correct gasket now.
zugubyqu.jpg

Bolting it back up, now

Top Bottom