951 Swap X2

5+ gallons on a completely custom fuel cell! We are beyond excited on this. All dads years of building woofer enclosures has paid off! lol. Everything’s fitting nice and tight, just how we like it

Attachments

• IMG_3810.jpeg
    IMG_3810.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_3811.jpeg
    IMG_3811.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_3816.jpeg
    IMG_3816.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3806.jpeg
    IMG_3806.jpeg
    203 KB · Views: 53

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
Looks great.

I am not sure if you have ever ridden 2 people on a X2 but the X2 handles very well with 2 people on it. It carves hard and performs very well with 2 riders. The X2 motor is 3" further forward than the Superjet. The Ride plates usually angle down. The rider position is more forward with the fixed steering, which is more forward than a lot of fix steer conversions.

I'm not saying anything is wrong with the build, just that 5GA in the front might make it hard to get the handling work well. I have found in my limited experience as a not very great X2 rider that the ski handles the best with more weight further back.

Looks great.

I am not sure if you have ever ridden 2 people on a X2 but the X2 handles very well with 2 people on it. It carves hard and performs very well with 2 riders. The X2 motor is 3" further forward than the Superjet. The Ride plates usually angle down. The rider position is more forward
That’s why I moved the handlebars aft 9 inches on my X2.

I’m thinking the extra weight is going to plant the nose more and handle better, by all means we are open for suggestions. But we didn’t set out to achieve a certain size fuel tank, this was simply the amount of room we had left, chances are I’ll never run more than 3/4 tank. If it ends up to heavy we will make a carbon fiber hood and do a Coffman pipe which combined should save almost 35+ lbs

Starting to decide on a color scheme by using the parts as test panels, works great for spray out cards! lol. Little overkill on the flake here, definitely gonna end up with much smaller flakes. But the candy red sure does look great.

Attachments

• IMG_3868.jpeg
    IMG_3868.jpeg
    162.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3877.jpeg
    IMG_3877.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3876.jpeg
    IMG_3876.jpeg
    143.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3875.jpeg
    IMG_3875.jpeg
    142.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_3871.jpeg
    IMG_3871.jpeg
    154.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3870.jpeg
    IMG_3870.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 29
I'm wondering why a 951 would be more sensitive to water ingestion than say a dasa 970 (similar bore and stroke), and I'm also surprised that designing an airbox is so hard. But, I've never tried, so maybe it really is that hard.

Open pod filters mounted in that position do seem pretty sketch in an x2.

This is one of those deals where once in a while somebody comes along and does something out of the ordinary that is really awesome, but usually they just go nowhere.

I hope this ends up awesome.

I love x2's and have daydreamed about all kinds of oddball motor swaps but I'm convinced a really good kawi twin can be more than enough.
This is in fact starting to look like the "once in a while" scenario and I'm loving it.

I am by no means knocking your work, it looks great and has progressed quickly, keep up the good work.
Oh I know! I didn’t think you were. Thankyou! I appreciate the input and feel free to continue! It’s always nice to have other insight! We are just a couple dorks winging it lol. My dad is retired so he’s been working on it constantly, this is way to much work for one guy to do on the weekends by himself. I’m very fortunate to have him.

Got given this KTM seat, not sure exactly what it’s from. But it looks much better than my original idea of a 98-03 YZ250 seat. Mocking up a couple options on how we’re gonna glass this in. Totally changes the look of the thing to a more modern sport bike style. Not trying to complete change the overall look, just add some flare!

Attachments

• IMG_3924.jpeg
    IMG_3924.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3926.jpeg
    IMG_3926.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3927.jpeg
    IMG_3927.jpeg
    202.6 KB · Views: 38
  • Resized_20240126_192731.jpeg
    Resized_20240126_192731.jpeg