Super Jet 96 superjet part out or sell?

Well time to free up some funds for the baby #1 on the way point of my life.
So I have a couple 96 superjets im looking to offload. Not sure whether I should part them out or sell complete. Not sure what a reasonable price is for these completed these days.

First one
Clear Title
Tubbie 2's
Hull Extensions
Works Ride plate
Works Intake Grate
Skat Prop (cant remember pitch)
Dual Cooling
Umi Steering
Umi Throttle
Drop Nozzle
Hot Hands and Feet
62T Cases
701 .5 over
Pro Ex Piston
ADA Head
Dual 44 Buck Shot Carbs
R&D Intake with reed spacer
MSD TL Ignition
R&D Rev 2 Dry Pipe with water injection
500 Gal/HR Bilge Pump

2nd One
Clear Title
Tubbie 2's
Blowsion Footholds
Blolwsion Side Rail Extension
R Pot Carbon Fiber Hood
Works Ride plate
Works 201 Intake Grate
Solas concord prop 13/17, repitched to 13/16 and cut back 5mm
ADA Couplers
Dual Cooling
UMI -2 Handpole
Umi Steering
Umi Throttle
Drop Nozzle
Hot Hands and Feet
62T Cases
Riva Racing Ported 760 Big Bore on original bore
Pro Ex Piston
ADA Head
Dual Mikuin 44 Super BN Carbs
R&D Intake
MSD TL Ignition
R&D Rev 2 Dry Pipe with water injection
Factory Pipe Water Box
Dual 500 Gal/HR Bilge Pump
Odessy Battery

Im sure Im forgetting some stuff but I'll have to run to the shop to look them over.

Also have a three place standup trailer.

Let me know your thoughts. This is not a part out thread so no calling parts. If I do decided to part out I will start a new thread in the parts sections. Just trying to figure out what direction to go with these.

Thanks Guys

Where are you located? There is a significant price difference as you head further south, and with summer around the corner I would avoid the headache of a part out and try to sell them complete.

djraider700

lol wut?
The way I see it

selling complete = quick easy sell at the right price

part out = potential for more income from the individual parts but you have the headache of tearing everything down and shipping. Also have parts strewn all over the place until everything is sold.

Good luck though, they sound like nice skis!

Where are you located? There is a significant price difference as you head further south, and with summer around the corner I would avoid the headache of a part out and try to sell them complete.

Im in northern CA. Yeah if there isn't a big price advantage for parting I will probably look to sell complete. Whats the going rate for these things?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
The higher the value of the boat, the longer you'll wait to find a buyer with cash.
You might make more parting it out, but it might take just as long.
And it's a pain in the ass. Don't neglect to count your time to take all that apart, clean it, box it, ship it.
Also, dealing with one buyer is exponentially easier than dealing with fifty.

The way I see it

selling complete = quick easy sell at the right price

part out = potential for more income from the individual parts but you have the headache of tearing everything down and shipping. Also have parts strewn all over the place until everything is sold.

Good luck though, they sound like nice skis!

Yeah very true. I already have a garage full of superjet parts I will need to sell anyways. That would just mean that many more trips to UPS. I just haven't been keeping up with the used part market lately or the complete ski market for that matter.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Try selling them complete and if they don't sell part them out, it really is a shame to part out a perfectly running superjet though.

Vumad

Super Hero, with a cape!
List it complete and as it doesn't sell, before you lower the price return it to stock. Example: If you list it for 5,000, lower it $50 and put the stock turn plate on it, so on and so forth. If you didn't keep the stock parts, this advice wont help you. Might not be worth your time to remove a turn plate, but you get the idea.

I would start listing it complete, and if doesn't sell, switch it back to stock electronics, head and pipe, those are the big $$ items, will drop the price of the ski a lot, make it easier to sell the ski complete (with those parts stock) and are so valuable they are worth the time to remove. Stock carbs and intake grate would probably also be worth the time to switch. But definately try to sell complete if your time is worth something to you.

N3vrSat1sfied

Military Member
It really depends on the condition. The SJ market prices vary like crazy. In Mi you could probably get around $4000 if not more for each of em.

Last edited:

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
Here in oregon stock ones go for 750-1400$ with trailer!

stock round noses go for 750 to 1400? I think not, you must be thinking of square nose superjets my friend. A bare rn hull usually brings more than 750.

Top Bottom