SX/SXi/SXi Pro 97superjet's 750R build

^Thanks guys! I put alot of work into everything and Im pretty happy with how it came out, I plan on making sure it turns over tonight! haha Possible test/tuning run this weekend with the superjet..

I like the white inside, looks clean.
On a side note, Tim Z from Zforce said back in the day they would run the R&D pipe over the FP for racing. you should have a nice running ski.

^Thanks sxipro02, Tony at T3 said it was a good race pipe too which is what I was building it for since it would take a lot to beat the low end my stock superjet already has..

^did a "dry" start last night to make sure all my connections were solid and she turned over and sounded strong, just didnt have any fuel in it to actually fire...I still have to wire up the bilge and tweak the steering on it but besides that its ready to go...I think im going to take both my skis and dip them in the water at a local ramp and just let them run for a bit on the trailer to get some water going through them and make sure everything works, maybe do a little bit of tuning on the 750 carbs...this will be my first time on a 750 hull so im excited to see how it rides vs my SJ! Ill update again after I take it out for a spin!

Alright guys, everything is done on the ski and we are doing a water test on wednesday if the weather here gets a little nicer...I have rough tuned the idle/carbs and this ski is LOUD! haha Also got my superjet ready to go for the season..didnt take much haha but I will be adding a few things to that this summer..I picked up a new helmet (661 comp shifted in matte black) http://www.sixsixone.com/Catalog_66...&product=5ed07fe4-e3af-45ea-b934-9c97efb14c83 and now im in between getting a gopro and a type 4 dry pipe (for my SJ) or just getting a B pipe instead..decisions..

Props to 97 superjet on a sweet build....that's ski looks amazing brother! I am excited to hear how it water tests, that is the one pipe I have always wanted to try....WOW!!!!!!!

Thanks Captainm514, I havent even rode a 750 hull yet so have nothing to compare it to besides my 650sx and Superjet, but basically it better stomp my stock (for now) superjet in bouys or im selling it right away!! haha

Alright guys, did a water test today...I have a few minutes of gopro helmet footage but cant figure out how to make it into a vid yet...anyhow ski is quick and loud, no doubt it will take the superjet on top end, my buddy I ride with is still learning and cant figure out how to pin the throttle and not let the ski hop so we couldnt strait drag yet...got about 10 minutes in and checked my bilge and noticed we had a leak on the hull..checked all the cooling lines thinking that was the problem but apparently I am missing a plug that is by the thru hull? Anyhow im going to see what I can use to plug it or else I will just epoxy the bastard shut! haha Anyhow ride report..fast ski but different handling than my SJ, with more ride time on it I can give a more accurate description but I noticed at full throttle it felt more unstable then my SJ..not sure how much I like that yet...anyhow ill update if I can figure out how to do footage

Glad all went well bro...they are a totally different feel than superjet though huh! Give it some time, I bought a 97 superjet a few years ago to try and only rode it 3 times before selling and I regret it, I wish I had given it more seat time for a more accurate comparison but I was so used to a sxi it was like another world man. So I'll keep checking to see how it goes for you...the debate will roll on forever superjet vs Kawasaki !

Hey 97superjet. Ski looks sick. 2 questions: is it rattle canned black or professionlly shot? Did your hydroturf kit have enough material on the rails to wrap around the back ( i am missing my right rear bumper/ molding)
Just bought a a digital snow camo kit and hoping i dont have to buy an additional sheet!

^ Ski is rattle canned haha, I took alot of time prepping the hull before I did it...I dont expect it to be last forever and its not perfect but it looks good unless your trying to find every flaw...If I was to do it again I would just buy a spray gun and compressor and do a paint job myself that way...and yeah if you bought the kit you will have enough to cover the whole rails and then some..

Well i may have to murder mine out too. My paint is automotive grade. Its a candy maroon/red color. Hopefully it looks cool. If not its rattle can time

Top Bottom