98 951cc engine swap to rickter FS3

For the water injestion thing, why couldn't a guy just make an "airbox" that has the intake up high?

Everthing else....yeah sounds like the idea is not all sunshine and roses.

The airbox was worked on but we were racing, performance loss not acceptable. Also a bit of work and is there room to make it fit?

Yami-Rider

TigerCraft FV-PRO
Probably not enough room, limited hull space and exhaust directly above the carbs.

I say, do as you wish. I would save for dasa tpe xscream etc instead lol..

The build thread for my ski and a build thread for the carbon pipe are listed above.
Sorry, I see no thread listed. Could you re-post it. I remember the 951 at being about 30 - 35 lbs. heavier than 62t so your numbers seem withing range. GP800, that's Waterdawg territory.
There you go. It is a top tier sxr race boat, not a surf setup but just the same. Look at the carbs, could be a problem. The twin piped pic is my mod race hull blaster. Race boats stay drier than play boats but still a potential problem. I lost power by going to upright carbs, that was racing, no bs opions, real on water results. Unfortunately the boat was waaaay faster than the rider (me).

Attachments

• Picture 115.jpg
    Picture 115.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Picture 041.jpg
    Picture 041.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_0442.JPG
    IMG_0442.JPG
    112.2 KB · Views: 49
Downrange, I read your build on the other forum. Really enjoyed the read and that is a real build. No real projects as such ever go smooth. It's when we hit issues we really learn. For all that think I'm being the nay sayer, I built a Mod class Blaster using a 66e with twins because my buddies said it wouldn't work, and, they were wrong. It wasn't easy and actually there was much more in it. It did weigh at least 50 lbs more than the boats that won the US nationals but it had potential. Hell, I borrowed Scotti Mac's US tidal winning pump that ran 7680 rpm usually and when installed in my boat it ran 8240 rpm. It needed more pump. So the question is: do we cheer, give advice that may sound negative or STFU?

Rushford_Ripper

Site Supporter
Look at the old Kawi-doo sxr’s, 951 in the Sxr hull which were fast skis. People would still be doing that I’m sure if it wasn’t for the easy triple swap.

Egbrig that's a awesome build. Man I am just doing my thing (building cool poop) that will never stop. There are tradeoffs to everything, I wouldn't hesitate to do another. A lot of the info on the internet leads us to make poor decisions, doing it yourself is often the best way to learn. I feel all the concerns over the 951's short coming can be mitigated to a acceptable level. That's me. Swing away if you want, maybe I will see the evil of my ways and repent. Lol

Top Bottom