SX/SXi/SXi Pro 98 sxi. Cylinders have different spark?

High Speed Industries

Your one stop shop for quality parts @highspeedind
I've got a 1998 ski pro. I seem to have somewhat of a spark issue. It looks like my rear cylinder has a super weak spark. The front cylinder has a very strong spark. So far I have checked/cleaned the stator, replaced the plugs, cleaned the boots, kept the battery charged, and I cut the wires a bit so there is a clean contact in the boot. I still have little/no spark for the rear. The ski does run and is sometimes hard to start. I know I have good compression and that I'm getting fuel. Do you think this problem could be caused by the coil? I'm going to take the ebox out of my buddy's ski and try it today. I just want to see if other people have ran into this problem. Let me know. Thanks.

Throw an ohm meeter across the two plug wire leads and see what the resistance is. I can't remember what they value you should be-- do a search, I am sure it is posted some where.

did u check for spark with the spark plug cap off the wire? maybe its just a bad plug cap. if i remember right the cap it self should ohm out at 5ohms

Top Bottom