A Bunch of X2 Questions

thrllskr

Converted Coucher
Hey Guys - I am working on getting my X2 lookin' all perty for the summer. Have a bunch of somewhat basic questions...

1. The rear pads in the footwells - do I need them? I just ordered some Hydroturf and underpadding and am wondering if the underpadding can be be used and I don't need the rear pads. They seem hard to come by.

2. Those little round holes at the bow and stern (for tie down/towing). How the hell do you get them off???? Is there a certain tool or something?

3. The rubber bumper - I am toying with not putting it back on and just filling in the holes and painting over it all. Good idea/bad idea?

4. My seat is in excellent shape but its ugly purple. Are there any cheap alternatives (reupholstering?) rather than dropping $90 on a new HT one.

That's all. Any feedback will be appreciated as always. Thanks guys.

thrllskr said:
Hey Guys - I am working on getting my X2 lookin' all perty for the summer. Have a bunch of somewhat basic questions...

1. The rear pads in the footwells - do I need them? I just ordered some Hydroturf and underpadding and am wondering if the underpadding can be be used and I don't need the rear pads. They seem hard to come by.

i removed the rear pads on mine and filled the "dips" with epoxy. then i turfed over it all. F the stock rubber pieces.

2. Those little round holes at the bow and stern (for tie down/towing). How the hell do you get them off???? Is there a certain tool or something?

if theyre corroded on and the nut wont turn, you gotta cut them off. just take a small metal cutting blade in an airsaw or jigsaw, put the blade in the hole and cut till you hit the nut. make 2 cuts directly across from eachother then squeeze the thru-hull piece with some pliers. the nut should drop down (with some persuasion).

3. The rubber bumper - I am toying with not putting it back on and just filling in the holes and painting over it all. Good idea/bad idea?

turf ALL the way around !!!!! :cheer:

4. My seat is in excellent shape but its ugly purple. Are there any cheap alternatives (reupholstering?) rather than dropping $90 on a new HT one.

are ya handy w/ a stapler and a knife? wifey and i recovered my x-2 seat with yellow canvas. materials were about $20 but required some patience making the cover.

That's all. Any feedback will be appreciated as always. Thanks guys.
:cheer:

well not sure by what you mean rear pads .. if you mean thos trianglepieces .. yea ditch em ..
as for the turf scrape off the old stuff and returf .. boy and stern eylets just wrench em off , they may break , repalce them with brushed alluminum ones.
as for the seat , no big deal , just go down and buy yourself a nice piece of vynal and some SS staples and re cover yours , mine cost about 7 bucks to recover my self and looks great ..

thrllskr

Converted Coucher
Awesome - yeah I thought about just cutting off the eyelets - anyone know where I can pick up a new set?

I'll look into re-canvasing my seat - seems like a logical idea.

SFL - are you serious about turfing all the way around? I took your advice on the HT and got a sheet instead of the kit, so I should have extra. Any pics of the turf like that?

You guys rock - this is a big help.

ive never turfed the nose of an x2 but i have on the noses of both style SJs. same idea. next x2 i turf will get turf all the way around. my x2 has turf all the way around 'cept for the nose piece, only cause it was painted as one piece w/ the rest of the ski.

.... but YOU turf all the way around! :cheer:

Last edited:

WAB

salty nuts
You can have my rear rubber wedges if you need them. I took them out and foam filled the back and glassed over it.
You can buy new alum bow and stern eyelets from most any PWC parts dealer.

Top Bottom