Super Jet A little advice.

Long story short I am having a SN build for me from a guy who is very good with skis. At this point he had a 6m6 in good shape that we planned on using. Origianlly it was gonna have a west coast head and intake grate, nujet prop and a dryed out stock pipe. Well it turns out the head was warpped so the stock head went back on. Should I pipe it? Should I ditch the 6m6? Should I convert the 6m6? I am coming from a moddified 440 so I have to imagine that even in stock form it should be a big improvment. IDK what to do. I am torn. Really all I do is tool around and jump wake. No backies or rolls. But I hate to be disapointed after having it built. Any advice?

money isn't really an issue. It is more what is readily avalible to me locally. i ended up finding a ported top end with a milled/decked head. From what I have been told it should feel similer to a stock 701. That should be plenty of power to get me off. I am sure I will drop a 701 in it when this 6m6 goes.

6m6's rarely go out, unless you make it go out, by not taking care of it. they are extremely reliable motors. however putting money into a 6m6 will make it feel like a stock 701 and that's as far as you can take it.

if you don't want to do the work twice and spend the money twice, find yourself a solid 62t case/61x cylinder and get that bored some, ported and if you want to go nuts find a stroker kit for it.

my $.02

good luck.

Byeai

"Cheetos-Man"
6m6's rarely go out, unless you make it go out, by not taking care of it. they are extremely reliable motors. however putting money into a 6m6 will make it feel like a stock 701 and that's as far as you can take it.

if you don't want to do the work twice and spend the money twice, find yourself a solid 62t case/61x cylinder and get that bored some, ported and if you want to go nuts find a stroker kit for it.

my $.02

good luck.

X2 well a million I thought id be good wit a 6m6 then I was like well I got a 650sx ill go bigger to a 701 grab a cheap 701 sit down ($100 running raider) then I said screw it a nutted up for jetmaniac motor just go big once and dont redo it again and again promise u will thank everyone here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. I have had a tricked out 701 in my old FX1 B-pipe, MSD, set back prop etc. I know what it feels like to have the extra power. I just don't need all that power really. I guess because I am more of a rec rider. I just tool around and wake jump. No backies, no barrle rolls so I should be plenty happy. After I ditched the FX1 I went back to a 440 for 2 years so a ported 6m6 should be a big step up. If there is one thing I have learned about me and power. It just never ends. You will always want more. I guess if I really felt like it was not enough i will just drop in a 61x. Like I said it's not a money thing. It was what I had avalible. I knew I didn't want a stock 6m6 but even that would have to feel like more power coming of two years on a 440. lol

Top Bottom