300/440/550 A little advise for my sons X2....

Legdragger

Bringing it back
That is interesting. The gasket that they supply is identical to the stock Kawi 650 gasket. So I still can't figure out how they could be different. I will get some calipers out and measure the bore size of the headpipe.

Crab

thanks darin...noswad!
It might be the indexing coming off the exhaust manifold in relation to the center line of the boat. Some of the PJS exhaust manifolds had slightly different index, and would cause trouble with another brand of pipe hitting the side of the hull.

Water Worx

Sport Racer
Here are some pics of the hull after I steamed cleaned it,I pulled the motor,pulled topend to inspect, replaced manifold with a BCW & a 44 SBN Mikuni,boyseen reeds,billet finger throttle,starting to come together....

Attachments

• X2 001.jpg
    X2 001.jpg
    237.3 KB · Views: 27
  • X2 002.jpg
    X2 002.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 24
  • X2 003.jpg
    X2 003.jpg
    282.2 KB · Views: 29
  • X2 004.jpg
    X2 004.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 53

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Looking good
make sure that the water cant come stright down the steering tube on the plugs and carb
its a common issue with x2,s

Water Worx

Sport Racer
Got it to the water today & it run a lot better with boyseen reeds & 44 mikuni (keihins suck) it was a lot peppier but def lacks low end pull "braap".

I am def learning how to ride it a lot better everytime I go out....Things to work on..install bilge pump as stock siphon system SUCKS or dosent suck.:frown:

Takes on water & dosent go out.

Thax Zig for jetting specs,runs pretty good right out first time. :Banane01:

john zigler

Vendor Account
good deal dan. glad you are getting closer.

keep at it, before you know it, you'll have it screaming.

what are you rinning for a prop? scat 9/17 is a good one. maybe look into a wet wolf free style cone.

zig

Snackem

Danger Zone
good deal dan. glad you are getting closer.

keep at it, before you know it, you'll have it screaming.

what are you rinning for a prop? scat 9/17 is a good one. maybe look into a wet wolf free style cone.

zig

would you suggest a 9/17 for a stocker? I'm going to be running a 650 w/ westcoast pipe, milled heads to run pump gas and freestyle porting.

Legdragger

Bringing it back
If you keep the outlet knee high it won't let water in. I just started using Attwood pumps and they work better than the Rule for a couple reasons. They never get air bound like the Rule, they come with a nice little bracket you can screw to the back of the hull and not worry about it popping loose, and you can change them just by getting the carb out of the way since you can reach in with one hand and with a little turn they pop right out. The Rules are always a pain to take out of the strainer they com with once a little dirt gets in there.

wadman

wadman
In my opinion an X2 gets more benefit from tubbies than anything does. You never "just fall off" anymore. Anytime I ride someone else's X2 I get tossed off for no apparent reason. The sponsons pull the front of the hull through the turn like the sidecut of a snowboard. The way I have my hull cut down with the D cut rideplate it is made for short radius turns. I think if I put a standard legnth rideplate on it would be pretty good a larger radius higher speed turns. But I want short radius for quick direction changes in front of the wave. Like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKGbDtEkY9Y

legdragger what is tubbies?is that the bump under your side rail? where can i get them? and when you say sponsons is that a aftermarkit part?

Last edited:
Top Bottom