FX-1 a little carb trouble need advice...

I have a 38mm duel carb setup on my 95 fx1 with a 62t motor. My carb with the gas in and also has the pulse into the intake is pissing gas out of the breather in the carb. Im sure it has to with the jetting. Is there anything i can do???

waxhead

wannabe backflipper
Mate im happy to try and help you but I really cant understand what you have written. Please descibe it differently and I will see what I can do

2013-07-17_21-12-08_778.jpg

Its leaking gas from this hole in the carb(witch i think is a breather for the fuel pump of the carb) sorry i wasnt more specific before... im pretty sure im flooding the carburetor on the one side.

Attachments

• 2013-07-17_21-09-30_836.jpg
    2013-07-17_21-09-30_836.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
some more problems

sounds like a leaking needle and seat try replacing them

I checked the diaphragm no hole. It wasn't set right into the carb... ok new problem is i took my air box off just to check whats happening inside, and have a :):):):) ton of gas pouring out into the intake from the one carb. My engine starts up and runs normally, i have no clue what would cause this... someone help please

Your second issue does sound like needle and seat, you either have one sticking open or it needs to be replaced. Easy fix just turn your gas off so it doesn't flood out when your not riding

just buy a kit and rebuild the carbs. make note of everything that comes out and in the order that you remove them. also screw in the high and low jets till they stop. making note of how many turns it takes till they stop.that will tell you where they are set right now.buy a couple cans of carb cleaner and clean EVERY orifice and hole you possibly can. especially the built in screen inside the carbs.its really not that hard.write down what size jets you have in there and what size needle and spring you have.

I b
just buy a kit and rebuild the carbs. make note of everything that comes out and in the order that you remove them. also screw in the high and low jets till they stop. making note of how many turns it takes till they stop.that will tell you where they are set right now.buy a couple cans of carb cleaner and clean EVERY orifice and hole you possibly can. especially the built in screen inside the carbs.its really not that hard.write down what size jets you have in there and what size needle and spring you have.

Thanks for the input guys, your help is greatly appreciated. Im gonna rebuild them next week when the kit comes in. Is it possible something is clogging the needle and it just needs a cleaning or does it just need to be replaced... i dont think the rebuild kit i got comes with the needle. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=290942294218. This is the item i bought.

Top Bottom