A true homebuilt B.O.B

Tig welding is one skill worth learning. It takes time and a lot of practice. Its the best/cleanest form of welding hands down. Buy a good machine.i have a older industrial unit, miller dialarc 470 hf with water cooling. Its amazing. And a water cooled torch is worth the extra money. Trust me

Hit me up with any questions on that swap. Like 5 or 6 years ago I put a 951 into a 750 sx. Way before I got into building hulls. I got it to run, but ended up parting it all out once I found it was not at all what I had expected.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Hi Brian, yes, any info on your set up would be great. How was it not what you expected. I have seen your thread. We do have differences in our builds though. My hull is about 18" shorter than stock. And about 4" wider. And im using a 155mm mag pump. This ski is purly for freestyle

Yup! We'll see how it goes, but i can say my bros 300sx with the 155seadoo pump and a stock 750 motor can flip a kneehigh wake. So this should be a big improvement, wider hull and a lot more power to push the bigger pump. I will be swapping back and forth between a stock seadoo 155 and a skat trak set back 12 vein 155 mag pump... Just to see what the difference is.

Its too cold to ride up here now. The next thing i will be doing is pulling the counter balance shaft out of the engine, cutting the pto and flywheel and deleting anything else to save weight. The ski rips but is almost as heavy as a stock 750sx.. I know i wont have a problem getting rid of at least 25 pounds of rotating mass. I have steel drive couplers as well that will be seapped for aluminum parts

The first ride was a lot of fun! Its scary fast! I can see why there were so many of these swaps in race skis. The hull feels great, lots of pop. Easy to ride and predictable! I just need to make it lighter and play with prop/pump set ups

Top Bottom