A Turf Weekend in Huntsville!

Well....I picked up this 97 a few months ago, and it needed some TLC. I got it cleaned up and ripped all the turf off of it. Adrian and I put some WCf footholds in it a couple weekends ago, and we turfed the main part yesterday, and I finished up the rails today. I think this is one clean looking ski now! Kudos to Adrian for giving me the turfing lesson. It takes a lot longer than I anticipated! Well....it takes a lot longer if you want to do it right!:arms:

Attachments

• P1010460.jpg
    P1010460.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 614
  • P1010461.jpg
    P1010461.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 117
  • P1010462.jpg
    P1010462.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 103
  • P1010463.jpg
    P1010463.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 124
  • P1010464.jpg
    P1010464.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 92
They weren't too bad. I made a template of each rear corner radius with paper and transferred it to the turf. That whole back corner and 3/4 of the way up the ski conformed easily with one piece for each side. I think I might fill in those gap areas in the bond line with some marine-tex and possibly take a belt sander to them. Overall, I think it turned out pretty nice though. I am going to order some new grips and slap those UMI bars on before next weekend.......I am thinking we might need to hit the water sometime within the next 7 days! :biggthumpup:

GIL

Power In The Hands Of Few
Dayum bro, and I thought I was getting good at turfing-yer stuff is dayum good!!! Now I have yet another turfing benchmark to step up to!!!

looks great. man i wish i had pics of the first turf job i ever did on my 550. you guys wouldve gotten a good laugh. it was before i was a member of the X. didnt know any better.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
Dang, If only I had known.
I was in Corinth, MS, twiddling my thumbs with the inlaws, I should have brought the 2 skis that need turf!

( and A LOT of beer)

DsmRacing

Wannabe Freerider
Did you use Black or the "B" stock HT? I need to re-turf my ski, and not sure if I want to spend the extra $ for the Black HT.

Thanks,

Chad

YAMA CAT

Catnip Junkie!
It looks Grey in the picture. My husband used B stock on the Silver Ski. I can't tell the difference between the regular or the B stock myself.

SJBrit

Extraordinary Alien
By the way, for those wondering (BK - are you reading this?) I really liked turfing the WCF footholds. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to hide the seams, but it came out really well. I even made Steve as anal as me when it comes to making invisible seams :biggthumpup:

The outer surface of the diamonds has a sanded-like finish. It is not glossy smooth. Also, where some of the seams meet, lines were cut and sanded to try and hide where the pieces come together. One area at the back left of the tray got a hair scuffed when I whacked it accidentally a few times with the mallet.

Mouthfulloflake

ISJWTA member #2
it was STRONG.

I recall telling him it was rich, and over propped.

but those were just off the cuff obsercvations/assumptions on my part.

it was really strong though.

Haha..yeah, that's it. I haven't even ridden it yet. Does it have some nads? It sounds great...really crisp..... I am hoping it is quicker than my 701 square.

Top Bottom