Super Jet About to replace my crank seals...

About to replace my crank seals...
Any tips? lol when I put the new seals in do I need to put grease on them or gasket maker? Any help would be appreciated, about to tear it apart...gonna go rent a harmonic balance puller from kragen right now...hope I dont mess this up :fingersx:

i would use a flywheel lock, if you dont have a flywheel lock then the flywheel really doesnt matter.

Yeah I got one from cold fusion, I just put the flywheel back on without the bolt and flywheel lock, now trying to get the coupler to budge, need another person to sit on my motor to hold it in place while I use my 5 foot breaker bar lol...

Prybar wasnt working even with a 5 foot breaker bar...so just used a hammer and knocked the coupler loose. Bottom case says torque 2.8kg is that 6 in/lbs or 6 ft/lbs? I searched 2.8kg and it just says it converts to 6 pounds so is that in or ft?

Last edited:
You will have to lift the crank a bit to get out the seals. Id try to spin it so the pistons are in the middle so you dont have to worry about the rings popping out if your only moving the crank out an inch or so. I didnt use any grease on the crank seals but it doesnt sound like it would hurt. Definitely clean the mating surfaces as good as you can. Yamabond/hondabond/threebond is what you need for sealing it all back together.

JetManiac

Stoked
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
You will have to lift the crank a bit to get out the seals. Id try to spin it so the pistons are in the middle so you dont have to worry about the rings popping out if your only moving the crank out an inch or so. I didnt use any grease on the crank seals but it doesnt sound like it would hurt. Definitely clean the mating surfaces as good as you can. Yamabond/hondabond/threebond is what you need for sealing it all back together.

We use 'Yamabond/hondabond/threebond' on the cases and on the outside of the crank seals.

Proformance1

Liquid Insanity
Site Supporter
Vendor Account
ahhh I see you are doing the gasket install only. forget my pm about cleaning the crank then, that would be difficult all together lol

Top Bottom