Freestyle ADA Big Bore

Well I guess I'll chime in ... I have a Gomez 8 mill non PV ADA 951 on a mag 144 and I like it . Way more power than I need . I like the simplicity . Every thing is off the shelf - crank. Top end runs 250.00 nothing special or complicated . I have no idea on the price difference . What I can tell you is , dealing with Art or Brian has always been a pleasure. Really excited to run my 951 in a light weight freaky hull. Much tuning ahead to solidify the fact that ............ I still can't ride , but I have plans ........ BIG ,BIG ,BIG plans . Lucus says he can having me flipping in an afternoon ........ if i bring my balls.

Last edited:

Dmac80sc

Site Supporter
Happen to come across this thread. Saw someone saying you guys are gonna have a freak party some where in North Ga. I don't own a freak but would be cool to come watch some people ride who know how to. Any chance there will be a open invitation for other people to come check it out?

Aircraftsalz

Thrust built Dasa Power
Will send ya the details when we get a date set. Just looking to ride with a few guys...

By the way we don't know how to ride, but we try..

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
all in the tuning and extras IMO, I have ridden the XS 1000 and Dasa 1000 (ported by Dasa) back to back both in Q8's and can say I was more impressed with the XS1000, both had b-pipes though.

I can say the DASA 1000 PV his nicer than my ADA 950 bb 8mm. But not enough to make up the difference in cost of initial motor and future rebuilds on my everyday boat. Both with b-pipes as well btw.

as for this threads question, I would say if your DEAD SET on stock stroke then the ADA top end is not the way to go. Just my opinion. I like them and run them with 5mm / 6mm and 8mm strokers but would not recomend attempting with a stock stroke. nice concept though if ADA would make one that fits the bill.

sjetrider

615 Freeriders are addicted to T1 madness.
Well I guess I'll chime in ... I have a Gomez 8 mill non PV ADA 951 on a mag 144 and I like it . Way more power than I need . I like the simplicity . Every thing is off the shelf - crank. Top end runs 250.00 nothing special or complicated . I have no idea on the price difference . What I can tell you is , dealing with Art or Brian has always been a pleasure. Really excited to run my 951 in a light weight freaky hull. Much tuning ahead to solidify the fact that ............ I still can't ride , but I have plans ........ BIG ,BIG ,BIG plans . Lucus says he can having me flipping in an afternoon ........ if i bring my balls.

And is the wife unit gonna loan them to ya LOL, sorry had to bust your balls, hope I didnt hurt your wifeys hands !

You didn't hurt her hands ..... she keeps them in a box on the mantel , just like Cheryl keeps Gills.

I agree with your ADA post . Don't feel like I'm giving anything up to a xs 1000 pipe to pipe / dollar to dollar . Putting it in this 66 pound freak hull will tell the tell.

Don't get me wrong XS builds a great package, well tuned, overall its a great motor.... 1-2 yrs ago everyone had to have a XS motor so thats why you got the response you did.. Now some other guys that had XS packages have changed to Dasa, more people are trying Dasa now days. Look at RRP now sells ready to ride Ski's with Dasa packages... Ricky has had XS & Dasa motors & you see what he's offering

Dasa motors make unreal power... I went from a XS1000 tuned & setup by Pat/Chucky/Mike to my Dasa 16 mil 89m bore so 1045cc.. so 53cc more than the XS motor, you can't even think about comparing the two setups.. Now my package was setup by Brian at Thrust (Built, assembled, ported, tuned) everything.. It makes power from right off the bottom & the way up, has no soft spots, no flat spots, never stops pulling.. The harder you pull the throttle the harder it pulls... Every time I ride this ski its just an unreal feeling.. I have had this motor for a few months, lots of time on it... Not one problem, always starts, never runs rough, its truely a push the start button, ride, mix gas, ride... I know some of the first Dasa/16 mils had some problems, what ever the problem was its corrected now...

Lucas has a 900cc or less legal motor... Running a 148 mag, MSD, Power Factor, etc... This motor hits just like his XS1000 with 100 less CC... Last comp I watched him ride, he went bigger, completed more flips, than a pro rider on a XS1000R setup...
Its really wild to see his motor hit so hard and have less cc than the xs1000 he pulled out...

Rode a Dasa 10 mil 1000cc last week, pump gas, not much compression, not much timing.. Motor is making a lot of power & its not even close to what it will make...

What ever Dasa is doing, & Brian at Thrust building these motors its a winning package!

Best thing about Brian at Thrust I can call him, he always answers the phone, always helpful, tells me its going to be this much, will take this time to complete, & its done..

I can't say that about the others...

Thanks,
at moment i colect parts for my next build, "DK Freestyle's" 845scream with 148 mag in my carbon TriXstar S. But i have a seller for this ski in winter so i have to look for new engine. Think, i need to buy a 10mm dasa .

Last edited:

THRUST

ThrustInnovations.com
Thanks,
at moment i colect parts for my next build, "DK Freestyle's" 845scream with 148 mag in my carbon TriXstar S. But i have a seller for this ski in winter so i have to look for new engine. Think, i need to buy a 10mm dasa .

Sorry I must have missed the pm , but you can get the manifold separate , I will see if any are available as pf pipe are on backorder for another month or 2 . So manifold maybe too .

jetski9010

Team RTYD
when talking about smaller props needed for the Dasa engines, Art always tells you to run a smaller prop with his packages too. He is for sure the old school engine builder that wont even let you buy a PV motor from him haha. He always told me everytime I talked about a PV setup from him that he would build me an ADA setup that had more power and would be cheaper.
As for the PowerFactor pipe on a non PV motor or at least on Art's motor he does not want me to run the powerfactor pipe. I tried to talk him into letting me haha and I think he will come around. I would think if any smaller cc engine like mine (4mm BB 800cc) could make a powerfactor pipe work would be mine. I figure I can make up for the week bottom hit of the pipe with tons of compression and timing. Art had told me I could run 46 blackjacks on mine, along with my 220 psi compression, and TL or at least programmed timing, and a small prop I think I could make that pipe work on my engine. I am already running a Mod chamber on in now and it still hits like crazy.
I do know about over proping one of Art's motors too as when I first put this boat together I went out and get the prop that I wanted and not the one Art told me to get. The ski sucked! It seemed like it hit better as a 701. So after figuring out I was wrong and I should have listened I called Art up and told him send me whatever prop he thinks I should have. I got one in the mail a few days later that he worked over for me, Put it in there with a shim and bored the nozzle 2mm and wow, my boat hits so hard and pulls hard everywhere. Art my be old school but he knows his stuff about motors.

Top Bottom