Super Jet ADA head worth my money??? or fix mine??

So I messed up my stock head when i was tapping it for a second cooling line. Very stupid mistake but anyways what happened is done so I now need a new one im thinking or figure a way to fix the hole i put in the top of it.

My ski is a 701 superjet with an R&D wet pipe and other then that the motor is stock.

My question is would it help my skis performance to get an ADA head with only having a pipe on it? If so what head and what size domes should i get???

A modified stock 64U head with an OEM gasket will do a good job for the least expense. It is unlikely you would ever need the girdle or need to change domes since you are happy with the stock cylinder. BTW, stock cooling is more than enough for stock port cylinders.

oh damn i wish i would have known that. well I guess now that I need a new head it might be time for a new top end... any suggestions their?

Matt_E

steals hub caps from cars
Site Supporter
A modified stock 64U head with an OEM gasket will do a good job for the least expense. It is unlikely you would ever need the girdle or need to change domes since you are happy with the stock cylinder. BTW, stock cooling is more than enough for stock port cylinders.

I've seen more than one stock, ungirdled cylinder crack.

Get the girdled ADA head and run near 200 psi with 33 cc domes.Use sealant where domes meet head to reduce wear.pm Jetmanic. Your ski will rip off throttle.

Last edited:

btmboards

Brett
I am starting a project on my ski right now and was thinking of trying somthing new. I jave a absolutly great condition protec head I would sell you if you wanna go that route and save some money. It also has duel cooling already in it. it is currently on my ski and works great. Pm me if interested.

I like my ADA head. There are others out there that are just as good and some can be had cheaper used...main thing is to make sure they are produced by a company that is still putting out parts. I have an older protec girdled head and you can still easily get domes for those.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Glad I got the ADA. 190 psi in each hole with 35cc domes. I don't know how much you would gain with 33cc. Might push you into the race fuel range, might not.

I didn't notice a huge power difference, but throttle response and "punch" was there. Girdled heads never hurt (especially with AM pipes)

right on ill probably go with the girdled head with 35cc domes. sounds like its worth the money. I really want to get a big bore for my motor too thats why im thinking about waiting on the head. I cant ride until end of may anyways. Whats a safe solid bore kit that wont risk my dependability?

Right on well now this is dragging me deeper and might be going with a bigger motor along with the head. I thank you guys for all the good input and answers but my bank account is pretty upset with me

Top Bottom