Advice on handle pole for my superjet

has anyone noticed that when you switch from the stock pole to an aftermarket pole you feel more shock from impact ? in my opinion another advantage with the stock pole is that the fiberglass and foam absorb some hull impact that you feel in your hands and arms.

JamesG

Site Supporter
has anyone noticed that when you switch from the stock pole to an aftermarket pole you feel more shock from impact ? in my opinion another advantage with the stock pole is that the fiberglass and foam absorb some hull impact that you feel in your hands and arms.

Yeah I think you're right on that . The stock pole seemed to have much softer landings.

stock blows and anyone who says otherwise doesnt ride hard! i make poles and sell them per order and warranty them for life. This has proven so far (30 poles-ish) that none have broken. They weigh less than six lbs. and come with the lowered style bracket but fit stock as well and a chinpad. $400 shipped
also have many aftermarket poles for sale

Ill vouch for carter i just picked up one of his poles it is nice finish and quality.
thing weighs close to nothing im excited to install mine.

FlightPlanDan

Don'tTrustAfartAfter50
Do what's comfortable.
Start with cutting the stock pole. Only because it makes sense. Just your labor and a few materials. Get the feel of the shorter pole (-2 or 3) . I'm guessing that you will like it. Not just for waves, but for overall control and handling.

I'm using a cut stock pole. I love it. It also has foam to help right the ski if it gets away from you.
Maybe I don't ride hard enough.....lol.

AM poles can come later if you decide that you need one.

98gti

C@R H@ul3R
stock blows and anyone who says otherwise doesnt ride hard! i make poles and sell them per order and warranty them for life. This has proven so far (30 poles-ish) that none have broken. They weigh less than six lbs. and come with the lowered style bracket but fit stock as well and a chinpad. $400 shipped
IMGP2334.jpg

IMG_9863.jpg

I like the look of that pole and like the price even better, lol. How would this pole work with a fx-1? Would I be able to have the stock plastic cover over the pole bracket, or would this pole work ok with a blowsion lowered pole bracket and running it with the pole bolts tight? Or does this pole work best with your bracket? I'd like to eventually get a lowered bracket and get rid of the plastic piece.

EDIT: Nevermind, I read it again and you've already answered my questions, lol.

Last edited:
Want a sn handle pole. Please email patriciomartin@yahoo.com i

Hi, I really need to buy a pole, even a stock used one, but better a new one. Please tell me if you can make one.

Thanks,

patriciomartin@yahoo.com

IMGP2334.jpg

IMG_9863.jpg

IMGP2334.jpg

IMG_9863.jpg
Are you still making these? if so will it fit a 1990 sn sj? let me know. thanks!

kcmasterpiece

Sweet Baby Ray's Sucks
I was trying to get him to make me one last year, but he said he wasn't making anymore. So I just took his off his boat. lol I don't think he's going to make more in the near future, but I'll talk to him about it. I want another one! haha

IMGP2334.jpg

IMG_9863.jpg
How do I buy one of you handle poles? Can you do custom lengths?

IMGP2334.jpg

IMG_9863.jpg
Do you still make poles?

long beach local

long beach local
Not to thread jack but what are the Advntages of cutting the stock pole?
I'm 6'1 and ride primarily surf.
I also run kommander 0 degree bars and love them.
Thanks
IMO its just personal preference on the length, sliding down a big face a long pole helps me lean back I`m old and my back hurts just looking at a flatwater ski lol . I have broke several SXR poles they tear like a phone book . A properly reinforced SJ pole has been used in the surf for many years without issue i believe.

Top Bottom