Aftermarket Superjet hulls - how are they to live with?

Also - since this hull is all fibreglass, is there a reason I shouldn't just gel coat the entire thing? I'm planning to take it down to a bare hull, sand off all the flaking paint, get down to gel coat and gel coat the entire thing white, top to bottom.

Friend of mine works in the marine business and keeps telling me this is the best way to go. He says to just roll it on with a foam roller. I'm assuming I'll need to do some sanding which sucks, I just don't want an awful orange peel finish. I was surprised he said foam roller and not spray.

I don't need an immaculate finish, just something that will last.
I know people do it, but I could not even imagine the amount of sanding this would take. Barf

I took my superfreak down to bare glass because the gelcoat was in rough shape. I spent over a week straight just sanding gelcoat with a random orbital sander. Riding season is here at least in the south if it were me, I'd build it and ride it and make sure you like it then over the winter, do a resto on it.

holygoat

Site Supporter
I took my superfreak down to bare glass because the gelcoat was in rough shape. I spent over a week straight just sanding gelcoat with a random orbital sander. Riding season is here at least in the south if it were me, I'd build it and ride it and make sure you like it then over the winter, do a resto on it.
Think that's the plan. Now I need a VIN.

Man once you get that set up you are going to fall in love!

That hull somehow escaped a legally assigned HIN all these years?

The rok is not a hull I would get for any reason. Better off with your sj. I rode a 5mm stroker rok one time and it sucked compared to my rn sj for even doing barrel rolls. Smashed thru the wake with that hideous flat nose

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221227_202501_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20221227_202501_Yahoo Mail.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 30
Top Bottom