Aftermarket sxr inspired freestyle hulls

Are there any freestyle hulls out there that handle similar to an sxr and can do flat water flips. I've seen the lightweight sxr hulls from bullet and trinity, and heard of one called the vengeance... I realize that the sxr was designed for racing and most ppl would not consider it a good freestyle platform, but I really love the level of control I get with mine and just wondered if there was a aftermarket hull that would allow me to do flips but still have stability similar to an sxr.

A Trinity EVO or a WDK Envy or ROK will do it...with a lot of motor and pump.....now add waves and you can do anything you want.....and still lay them on their sides HARD like a SXR.

A Rok-R is one of these tiny hulls. I can't ride them! Let alone like a SXR...not happening IMO.

What would be a lot of motor and pump? I'm running a stock bore/stroke sxr 800 with stock carbs , tau ceti arresters, v force 3 reeds, wet pipe, Tdr waterbox, #zero light stock flywheel, timing advance 6*, stock pump with 10/16 hooker, tbm stuffer, 80mm bored nozzle. I also have a r&d head with 26cc domes I'm thinking about putting on and I'm thinking of switching to a stock total loss flywheel.

I think guys that are flatwater flipping full size light SXR hulls are running 1200cc with total loss and big arse pumps! Someone correct me if I'm wrong.....

There's not many hulls that handle like an sxr at all and will still flip. Sxr's handle so good cause of their size and weight. You won't flip anything that big with a limited 800 motor.
Their is only a limited number of hull that run kawi drive train and have been proven to flip on limited set ups.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

krawler98

Always wrenchin'
My aquabot v2 is based of an sxr bottom deck. It's very stable and will lean over and rail if I want it to. It will flip and roll off boat wakes bit would need a hard hitting setup to flat water flip. But my friends that own sxr 800s have ridden it and like it a lot compared to their skis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my hull 100% because I rode DJKorns actual SXR and LOVED it but hated the weight! And I am a Yamaha power/pump LOYALIST (and I already had it all) til the end so went with that....best of both worlds IMO....hard hitting Yami cylinders/pump with hard railing SXR characteristics.

I think guys that are flatwater flipping full size light SXR hulls are running 1200cc with total loss and big arse pumps! Someone correct me if I'm wrong.....
Josh was FW flipping a full length Trinity EVO about5 years ago with what i believe was an EME 1000. There are choices out there for sure.

I think a lot of these after market hulls probably borrow the SXR bottoms.....I can't remember. Hit a freeride and try some out....some carve hard and flatwater flip and take SXR power plants/pumps so you could keep all of your stuff.

My aquabot v2 is based of an sxr bottom deck. It's very stable and will lean over and rail if I want it to. It will flip and roll off boat wakes bit would need a hard hitting setup to flat water flip. But my friends that own sxr 800s have ridden it and like it a lot compared to their skis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What motor/ pump are you running?

piratelife

Frandsen works
The rok–r is based off a Superjet bottom deck
Thanks for the info. But are you sure? I was under the assumption that it was based off the rok. Added rocker to the nose and cut 8 inches out of the tray area. And the rok was based off the sxr hull. The chan is also sxr based.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. But are you sure? I was under the assumption that it was based off the rok. Added rocker to the nose and cut 8 inches out of the tray area. And the rok was based off the sxr hull. The chan is also sxr based.
100 percent sure, true rider and I did a comparison of the chan and rok-r bottom decks.
Rok-sxr
RokR-superjet
Chan-sxr

100 percent sure, true rider and I did a comparison of the chan and rok-r bottom decks.
Rok-sxr
RokR-superjet
Chan-sxr

Problem with those 3 hulls is those companies barely even make hulls anymore.

If your stuck on kawi style hull go with a brawler hands down, way better hull and company to deal with.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom